Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A change in Kazakh registration requirements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonniboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: A change in Kazakh registration requirements Reply with quote

Good news there. Until this year anyone in KZ who left the country (say for a holiday) and returned had to go and reregister within 30 days of arrival *and* provide a HIV test which had been done within the previous 3 months. Now people will still have to do a HIV test at the beginning of each visa, but that test will be valid for the duration of the visa. The requirement to reregister each time (and pay the 2700 tenge registration fee) is still there but it does mean less messing around going to health centres. More importantly it's another step in the stripping away of a lot of the bureaucratic stuff. Hopefully the requirement to reregister after each holiday may one day be scrapped as well.
ComradeBL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's because I work for "Nur," but I've never had ANY of these problems...

Thanks for the heads up, nevertheless!
jonniboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit unusual. Everyone I know has had to do a HIV test on arrival here and complete migration cards on arrival. If they get 1 stamp on the migration card (usually at a land border) they have 5 days to register. If at an airport, it's usually 2 stamps and therefore 30 days to register. Leaving and re-entering, if on a multiple entry visa, requires re-registration and therefore paying the fee. I guess in some cases people's employers will do that for them. Interpress don't, but the requirement to resubmit a clean HIV test, if it had been more than 90 days since the last one stood for every ex-pat I'd met. I guess it might have been different with different visas or it may just have been that the law, as in so many other areas in KZ, gets creatively and flexibly applied?
ComradeBL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, maybe I wasn't completely clear...

Yes, on arrival, I do have to complete a migration card & get the stamps (although I was told 2 stamps = 90 days, not 30)

NEVER done an HIV test in the 1 1/2 I've been here, even when I got the visa the first time around in USA.

NEVER paid a fee, short of the $200 USD to get the visa the first go-around and then a nominal to get it renewed an additional year.

Again, thanks for the heads up! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: