Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ecuador Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
litterascriptor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Ecuador Advice Reply with quote

I'm looking at flying down to Ecuador by the end of this year. My qualifications are:

Bachelor's Degree

3 years hogwan dancing monkey work in Korea
2 years as an ESL teacher in China
3 Years as a teacher manager in China

I'm planning on getting a CELTA or SIT-Tesol once in Ecuador. What can I expect in the market for Quito? I love the idea of Quito as I'm rather tired of living in a humid sweatbath of a remote city in the middle of China.

Salary isn't hugely important, so long as I can pay my rent and save up enough money to pay for my flight back to the USA within a reasoanble timeframe. I'd rather have a modest salary with lower working hours than a larger salary and higher working hours. Just enough to pay my bills, buy a few beers, and save a little cheese to put towards the flight home fund.

I'm not going down to Ecuador impoverished either, I do have some money tucked away under my mattress. Not going to say how much, but if I get my leg shot off by a Marxist Insurgent or a tuk tuk runs me over I can handle the problem (not so much the insurgent, but the tuk tuk is doable).

Mostly, I just want to work on my spanish, enjoy the fact that I'm going to be turning forty and somehow managed to live this long without having been knifed, hung, set on fire, and run over repeatedly by a bus driven by an old woman named Eunice who has blue hair.

So, what's the 411 or whatever it is you young folss say these here days?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: