Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Business Visa types

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Business Visa types Reply with quote

Are there both single and multiple entry Business visas? All the agencies I am trying to use will not quote me a fee until I know how many entries is on the business visa I will be sent. The KSA Embassy website in Manila does not list more than 1 type and I think the agents are incompetent or more accurately, uneducated since they ususlly only process work visas for Filipino domestics, truck drivers and restaurant help.
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: typo Reply with quote

Oh I just love it when I find a typo after hitting Submit!
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh I just love it when I find a typo after hitting Submit!

There is a little button at the top right of your post called 'edit,' which handily solves these problems Very Happy
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Business Visa types Reply with quote

gelynch52ph wrote:
Are there both single and multiple entry Business visas? All the agencies I am trying to use will not quote me a fee until I know how many entries is on the business visa I will be sent. The KSA Embassy website in Manila does not list more than 1 type and I think the agents are incompetent or more accurately, uneducated since they ususlly only process work visas for Filipino domestics, truck drivers and restaurant help.

As far as what has been posted here, the business/visit visa is one entry and one exit, which is why those that have it must do visa runs.

VS
Captain Willard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Business Visa types Reply with quote

Business/visit visas can also be multiple entry. As with many things in KSA, there is little consistency. Such visas are valid for a certain time period, typically 90 days, but the bearer may only stay in country for a maximum of 30 days. Some visas are for a shorter time, and some longer. Some are able to be extended and others aren't, or the request gets refused. It appears that the longer visas are for those with better qualifications. So, someone with a doctorate may get a visa valid for 5 years and have a maximum stay in country of 6 months per visit.

veiledsentiments wrote:
As far as what has been posted here, the business/visit visa is one entry and one exit, which is why those that have it must do visa runs.

VS
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like so many topics in this branch... an answer tends to make one even more confused. Laughing I guess this means that you need to have someone able to read the Arabic on your visa to see what your restrictions actually are...

VS
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Just got the visa from KSA Reply with quote

The English version says it is a Work Visit visa with a single entry for 90 days. Now if I can find an agency in The Philippines able to think outside the "domestic, truck driver or waiter" work visa for Filipinos and can process it I'll be good-to-go.
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What difference would it make that the agent thought you were a domestic?
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: I'm not Filipino Reply with quote

Sirens of Cyprus wrote:
What difference would it make that the agent thought you were a domestic?

I'm not Filipino and the only visas they seem able to process are for Filipinos getting work visas. The possibility of a business visa or Government Visit visa for an American like my last one are beyond their scope of experience or imagination.

The KSA embassy makes the process nearly impossible by refusing to allow non agents inside the place and they don't answer questions on the phone. rather they say to "ask an agent" or "look at the webpage" (which happens not to be working at present).
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess both the business visit visa and work temporary visa are used for Filipinos as often as for Westerners. You don't think the Filipinos do business? Not qualified to be skilled technicians or consultants? As for the processing, if it's not a regular work visa it sould be easier to process because a physical, etc., is not required.

Can you have a look at the Baker and McKenzie handbook for Saudi visas and tell me whether your visa is the business visit or the work temporary visa? And good luck finding an agent. Please keep us updated.
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Visa types Reply with quote

Sirens of Cyprus wrote:
I would guess both the business visit visa and work temporary visa are used for Filipinos as often as for Westerners. You don't think the Filipinos do business? Not qualified to be skilled technicians or consultants? As for the processing, if it's not a regular work visa it sould be easier to process because a physical, etc., is not required.

Can you have a look at the Baker and McKenzie handbook for Saudi visas and tell me whether your visa is the business visit or the work temporary visa? And good luck finding an agent. Please keep us updated.

Even after all the answers and receiving the visa via e-mail I am still confused. The English version of the visa says, "Work Visit" and is a Single Entry for 90 days. That still really does not answer the question and I don't know if it will have the usual NOT PERMITTED TO WORK printed on the actual stamp or not.

It appears I have found an agent willing to submit the documents but as for Filipinos being issued Business Visas and other non year long Work Visas that eventually get an iqama, no they do not.

There are over 5000 "Employment Agencies" licensed by the Philippine Government agency POEA or Philippine Overseas Employment Agency and if not for their exorbitant fees for finding jobs and processing those visas, Filipinos would probably hold a much higher percentage of the labor jobs in KSA. They would be drivers, construction labor, housemaids and hold other such positions currently held by Bengalis, Pakis etc.

The Filipinos you see waiting table or carrying cement blocks at construction sites have mortgaged their parents' homes and possibly many of their other relatives' homes just to pay the agency fees charged in order to get those jobs they need to keep for 3 ~5 or more years just to pay off the loans. In 2008 when I was coming to KSA the first time the first agency I went to for processing wanted to charge me Php50,000 or over a thousand US dollars (at the time) just to carry my completed documents to the embassy for stamping. This is in a country where a mayor makes Php8000/mo. (by law) and a nurse starts work at Php6000/mo. and the government has set a minimum wage for all OFWs of $400.00/mo. or about Php16,000/mo. at the present exchange rate.

If the hiring company ever sends me the Invitation Letter required by the embassy and I get my passport stamped I'll report back as requested.
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Visa types Reply with quote

gelynch52ph wrote:
as for Filipinos being issued Business Visas and other non year long Work Visas that eventually get an iqama, no they do not.

Only the regular work visa leads to an Iqama.
gelynch52ph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Visa types Reply with quote

Sirens of Cyprus wrote:
gelynch52ph wrote:
as for Filipinos being issued Business Visas and other non year long Work Visas that eventually get an iqama, no they do not.

Only the regular work visa leads to an Iqama.

I know that and said, "...Non...work visas" in reference to agents not being experienced with visas other than work visas.

My visa says "Work Visit" in the block that says "Visa Type" and I never heard of a "work visit" visa, hence my original question.
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your employment agent telling you that your visa leads to an Iqama?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: