Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shenzhen Training Schools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Voice Of Reason

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Shenzhen Training Schools Reply with quote

Hi.
What do we currently know about teaching in Shenzhen training schools for adults, specifically English First, Wall Street, Meten and Web?
Cheers.
Sierra1903

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also curious to know the same...
5h09un

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.
Aristede

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Shenzhen Training Schools Reply with quote

The Voice Of Reason wrote:
Hi.
What do we currently know about teaching in Shenzhen training schools for adults, specifically English First, Wall Street, Meten and Web?
Cheers.

Is there any particular aspect that you are curious about?

I've found teaching for Webs satisfactory for the most part. But not Web Shenzhen, which is nightmarish in comparison. There I dealt with a dozen shady tactics involving visas, pay, reimbursement, contracts, etc. Even if you win those battles, it's exhausting to constantly be on the lookout for the next sleight-of-hand. So even though the classes themselves are ok, I wouldn't recommend Web SZ.

Don't know if the other schools mentioned are better or worse, as I haven't worked for them.
KopiKopi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay away from Wall Street and Web. Both are really bad. Meten seems ok, but the HR department is clueless...

WSE is not doing well financially...especially since the parent company has acquired a children English school franchise in China. Web is a copy (from a dot-matrix printer) of WSE.

All three sort of suck.
Sierra1903

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARISTEDE and KOPIKOPI, thanks for the info. I guess I was trying to find out which schools are legit, and do what they're supposed to do without the teacher having to worry or hassle them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: