Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to come in 2014. How long is the Visa process?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricinAsia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Want to come in 2014. How long is the Visa process? Reply with quote

I'll have MA in hand in 2014 + 7-8 years teaching adults in the US and Korea. How long will the process take for a visa? Do I need to go back to the States and wait wait wait? Or, can I go to the states on vacation, do whatever it is I need to do, then come back to Korea to finish off a contract?

Thanks for any insight
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to come in 2014. How long is the Visa process? Reply with quote

EricinAsia wrote:
How long will the process take for a visa? Do I need to go back to the States and wait wait wait? Or, can I go to the states on vacation, do whatever it is I need to do, then come back to Korea to finish off a contract?

Is this in regard to an actual job in KSA or in Korea?
shebab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things in this part of the world never go quite as planned. So if you are already imagining your professional life in Saudi Arabia to the exact month, day and time in 2014, you will be in for a rude awakening when you actually start your processing!

The visa requires you to return to the US and do a very extensive medical exam. Of course, that implies that you are on a proper employment entry visa and not the dreaded business visa. Eventually, you will need to hand in your passport, get the visa, and be off to Saudi...all of this could be at a moment's notice after waiting and waiting for weeks or even months.

There are just too many unknowns, at least a year off from your projected date of deployment, to really help you that much. Why, you can't even start looking for a job for at least another 8 months!
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The better employers have it easier in terms of getting people procerssed in. I would, as usual, recommend KFUPM or one of its constituent colleges (DCC and HBCC).
EricinAsia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Want to come in 2014. How long is the Visa process? Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
EricinAsia wrote:
How long will the process take for a visa? Do I need to go back to the States and wait wait wait? Or, can I go to the states on vacation, do whatever it is I need to do, then come back to Korea to finish off a contract?

Is this in regard to an actual job in KSA or in Korea?

A job in Saudi. Sorry for the late response. Had the flu.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Shebab. It's too soon to start thinking about visas and such; wait until you've finished your MA before applying. Also consider expanding your job hunt to other countries in the region---KSA isn't the only game in town. But again, have your master's degree in hand first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: