Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medical Exam form stamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Medical Exam form stamp Reply with quote

So I've recently gone to the doctor for the physical and just got the filled out form and test results back. (As a side note, I am in good health. I don't see the point in them making foreigners do this stuff when they're just going to make as do it again when we get to China, but anyway...)

I told my doctor that he needed to stamp it with an official stamp. He didn't have one. Well, I was already there and he suggested it could be notarized. I didn't see why that wouldn't work, so we went ahead with the physical.

All right, now I have the form and results back and there's no stamp of course. So now my question is what can I do with this so that they won't reject it?

Can I take it to a notary and have that suffice, or could I give them my doctor's contact info, etc. so that they can see it is legitimate?

I would really hate for this to prevent me from going through with this job in China. (For want of a stamp...)

Just getting an appointment set up this quickly was difficult enough. This whole thing was almost going to be nixed in the first place because I nearly could not get an available doctor for a physical this quickly. (And had to change my PCP so that insurance would cover it.) So I wasn't being an idiot - I just didn't have any other options.
johntpartee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The medical form you have there is only going to be used by the local Chinese Embassy to get the Z visa. Just have the doctor sign the form and sign across the photograph. They'll take it.
Lack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johntpartee wrote:
The medical form you have there is only going to be used by the local Chinese Embassy to get the Z visa. Just have the doctor sign the form and sign across the photograph. They'll take it.

He signed across the form. What do you mean sign across the photograph? I didn't get an x-ray photo. I just got the physical results, x-ray results (not photo), blood-work, EKG paper. He did sign those.

I'll show them what I have I guess and offer to get it notarized if that doesn't work. If they don't take it then...then I don't know. Thanks for the advice.
johntpartee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Physical Examination Form For Foreigner" has a spot in the upper right hand corner for your photograph.
Lack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johntpartee wrote:
The "Physical Examination Form For Foreigner" has a spot in the upper right hand corner for your photograph.

Ah, OK. I see it.
Teacher Jack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johntpartee wrote:
The medical form you have there is only going to be used by the local Chinese Embassy to get the Z visa.

Wrong. This is a province by province, or even city by city kind of thing. I got my physical exam done in the US and when I came to China, I did not repeat the physical exam. They submitted my US exam for everything, including my residence permit.
johntpartee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Everybody I've ever heard about that has taken the exam outside China has had to do it again when they arrived.
Lack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teacher Jack wrote:
johntpartee wrote:
The medical form you have there is only going to be used by the local Chinese Embassy to get the Z visa.

Wrong. This is a province by province, or even city by city kind of thing. I got my physical exam done in the US and when I came to China, I did not repeat the physical exam. They submitted my US exam for everything, including my residence permit.

I didn't know this. I thought everyone had to go through another physical in China after arrival. I think it makes more sense to just do one before you come over. Sure, someone could fake something, but it is easier to just to do it legitimately, and it is easy to verify by making calls and emails.

It just seems odd that China could be picky about this. It is easier to get a job offer there with less paperwork and documents. But this is a big deal. Anything could be faked, but most people don't have HIV, etc. anyway. I'll get it notarized if they want me to, but those don't really mean anything either. I don't think notaries even check documents first before stamping/sealing them.
litterascriptor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask the doctor if they have one of those address stamp gizmos. You know where people stamp an envelope or paper instead of writing down your full name and address.

something like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gx7ryQ3tEI4/SntS6DWoAXI/AAAAAAAAAAs/StVRqbBqddM/s320/Dr+Page+office+stamp.jpg

It's what I used on my medical form long ol' time ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: