Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Did YOU Use a Visa Agent?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creeper1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Why Did YOU Use a Visa Agent? Reply with quote

Or maybe you didn't and got your Z-visa from the foreign ministry in HK or Chinese consulate in your home country.

But for those that didn't, and especially if you got your current visa in HK, why did you use an agent?

I hear forever bright comes highly recommended.

Was it because there are long lines with complex paperwork at the foreign ministry?

Was it to avoid awkward questions?

Was it to avoid the clear remark made on the foreign ministry's website "Applicants without HK resident status are required to submit their applications through the Chinese Embassy or consulate office around your resident country"?

Otherwise I'm guessing you'd just go there directly yourself. Wink
sistercream

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all your paperwork for a Z visa is in order, and it's specified that you will collect in HK, then the only reason for using an agent would be to avoid the queues.
Javelin of Radiance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how many agents can get Z visas for people. I asked Forever Bright about this once in the not too distant past and they told me that was the one visa type they couldn't get. You had to go on your own to the Foreign Ministry office in Wan Chai.
Denim-Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use an agent when I get my visa in the UK. The cost of the agent outweighs the hassle of a trip to London or Manchester, the queues and the cost of the train / travel.
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can walk to the Chinese Embassy in my country in 10 mins. They offer courier (for a fee) of the completed papers, or pick up from the consulate entrance. Never more than one other person queuing.
Aahh the pleasure of small countries!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: