Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't seem to accept a job in Saudi!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnome

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Can't seem to accept a job in Saudi! Reply with quote

It seems that the political situation in the Gulf is playing havoc with my EFL career. Just as I am ready to accept a position, something "explosive" happens to make me change my mind. This started back in 2001. I keep waiting for things to settle down, but they seem to be getting worse. In just the last few months, I have been offered jobs in Damman and Riyadh. I have not been able to bring myself to accept them. Unemployment seems to be the wiser option at this time.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: WW3 Reply with quote

We are sorry to hear that the outbreak of World War Three has been an inconvenience to you. We will arrange to have it cancelled.
johnslat

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Never happen Reply with quote

Dear Gnome,

Quote:
I keep waiting for things to settle down, but they seem to be getting worse.

And that will likely always be - or at least appear to be - the case. I know that almost every year, when it came time for me to return to the Kingdom from my summer holiday, something would be reported in the news that would make me think - "Hmmm, wonder if going back is such a good idea." Well, I always did, anyway, and once I'd returned, everything was the same as ever there. If you keep waiting for things to settle down, one thing I believe I can guarantee is that you'll never go.
Regards,
John
scot47

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: The Juhaiman Incident Reply with quote

Let me take you back to 1979. Some bearded crazies occupied the Grand Mosque in Mecca. It took the government forces a long time to get them at - at some cost in human lives. Afterwards all the males involved were executed. I do not recall how many.

This spate of terrorism is nothing new. the history of the Arabian Pensinsula is a violent one - even in recent times.

If you think it is dangerous don't come. Stay somewhere safe like New York or Istanbul. Madrid, Bali or Omagh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: