Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wine/Brewer's Yeast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mdog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Wine/Brewer's Yeast Reply with quote

Is it possible to find either in Bahrain? How do you guys bring it into the Kingdom?

Thanx
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People bring it in on return from vacation.
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mdog

If you don't mind the "unusual taste," baker's yeast (available in Safeway there) rather than brewer's yeast works, too.

And if your user-name is connected to MD 20/20 (Mogen David - commonly referred to as Mad Dog 20/20), an unusual taste shouldn't bother you at all Very Happy

http://forgetfacebook.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/md-20202.jpg

Regards,
John
Mdog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. No, I'm not that Mad Dog. I remember seeing that at the ghetto corner mart when I was in high school. I won't drink that crap.

Speaking of dogs, can the dogs sniff yeast out? Are they actively looking for it at immigration?
cmp45

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mdog wrote:
Thanks guys. No, I'm not that Mad Dog. I remember seeing that at the ghetto corner mart when I was in high school. I won't drink that crap.

Speaking of dogs, can the dogs sniff yeast out? Are they actively looking for it at immigration?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the 10+ years in KSA coming and going, I have never seen any security dogs at the airports. If you are paranoid transfer it to a different container. It is doubtful they will care or know what it is. As long as there are no images on the outside packaging showing bottles of booze on it... Cool you should be okay...now having said that you will probably get stopped Laughing just a twist of paranoia...should I or shouldn't I??? In the end it's your call. You probably won't get caught, but you might. nah probably not...ah wait, maybe...nah probably not.
jess messin with your head... Razz probably not...
Sheik Yerbuti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigger fish to fry......
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen sniffer dogs at the airports. They have them on the Causeway from Bahrain. They are trained to look for substances more toxic than Brewer's Yeast !

The minibuses get special treatment as do cars with dodgy looking "Shebab" and TCNs.
Keyboard Kommando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered some Brewers Yeast from Amazon.com, it went to my Aramex account in New York State, got shipped here with no problem. If they had asked anything when I picked it up, I would have said, "It MUST have been a mistake. I ordered yeast to make sourdough bread." No issues came up at all when it got here. Evidently, brewers yeast is not on anyone's list of banned substances.

Works great with apple juice, too! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: