Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone heard of or worked for this school?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
philipjmorgan42

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Has anyone heard of or worked for this school? Reply with quote

The English School

Address: �rbol Grande 808, Bellavista, 36730 Salamanca, Guanajuato, Mexico

I have been offered a 1 year contract 6 000 pesos a month plus room in a shared apartment, visa paid for, 4 weeks paid holiday, and 50 % reimbursement of flight upon completion of the contract.

It's an independent school teaching general and business English to students of all ages.

If anyone has any information, I would be grateful. Someone else (technohater August 2012) posted a forum about the same school a while back, but nobody seemed to have heard of it...

Thank you
technohater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yeah, I did an interview with the owner of the school and was offered the job. The woman seemed genuine and on the straight and narrow. The reason I didn't take the job was because it would have taken too much time to get the legal stuff sorted.

In my case, I was living in Ireland but my TEFL cert was from the U.S. That meant that I would have to go to California in person and have the cert apostilled. Just wasn't viable at the time because she wanted someone sharpish.
C'est la vie
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone heard of or worked for this school? Reply with quote

philipjmorgan42 wrote:
The English School

Address: �rbol Grande 808, Bellavista, 36730 Salamanca, Guanajuato, Mexico

I have been offered a 1 year contract 6 000 pesos a month plus room in a shared apartment, visa paid for, 4 weeks paid holiday, and 50 % reimbursement of flight upon completion of the contract.

It's an independent school teaching general and business English to students of all ages.

If anyone has any information, I would be grateful. Someone else (technohater August 2012) posted a forum about the same school a while back, but nobody seemed to have heard of it...

Thank you

$6,000 pesos is crap pay. Room in a shared apt, value about $100USD month.

If this is a first job, or you just want to be in Mexico outside the huge cities, it might be OK. Don't expect to save a peso, and if you want to do any real travel, you will need to use your savings.

I would be very careful. to double check hours of work, are you expected to pull split-shifts? Weekends? Travel to companies (travel time is almost always unpaid in Mexico)? What about lesson plans? Office hours/work?

Check on those and please repost with additional info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: