Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

60-Working VISA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rice101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: 60-Working VISA Reply with quote

Hey Guys;

How long does it take to get the 60-day VISA? How much does it cost?
tttompatz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: 60-Working VISA Reply with quote

Rice101 wrote:
Hey Guys;

How long does it take to get the 60-day VISA? How much does it cost?

Do you mean a tourist visa?

Usually overnight at a Thai consulate or embassy abroad.
The cost is US$30-60 depending on where you go to get it (local currency exchange variations) and whether it is a single or double entry visa.

Rice101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tourist VISA I think.. Im going for 2 months and going to be working part time..

I think I will need a single entry? Im going for a couple weeks and then am going to make a trip up to Laos for the VISA. Would you recommend a train, bus, or plane for that? Time won't be an issue..

Thanks tttompatz for the help:)
tttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rice101 wrote:
A tourist VISA I think.. Im going for 2 months and going to be working part time..

I think I will need a single entry? Im going for a couple weeks and then am going to make a trip up to Laos for the VISA. Would you recommend a train, bus, or plane for that? Time won't be an issue..

Thanks tttompatz for the help:)

60 day tourist visa.

Catch the van at On-Nut TESCO parking lot. It runs up to the embassy in Vientiane on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. The cost, including a single entry tourist visa is 2800 thb PLUS your entry into Laos (cost varies with YOUR nationality).

Do be aware that it is illegal to work without a non-b visa and work permit.

IF you mean enter on a tourist visa then go to Laos for your non-b then that is usually a waste of time and money.

IF you are legal to get a non-b then you can change your status at immigration in BKK in an afternoon after you (through your school) gets the paperwork from the labor and education office.

You MUST have:
- a legitimate degree (in their database and NOT on a list of degree mills).
- a university issued transcript to match the degree (usually on security paper).
- a passport from one of 6: UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand OR
- a TOEIC score over 600 (the local TOEIC test center tests foreigners on Wednesday afternoons and the cost is 1500 thb).
to be able to get a non-b and work permit.

If you are missing any of the above then get a double entry tourist visa. It will effectively give you about 6 months to figure out what to do (things I can't get into here since doing so is against the TOS).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: