Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

suit costs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtGuy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: suit costs Reply with quote

Right off I want to apologize for posting an off-topic subject. Hope everyone is OK with this.

I live in China and may need to buy a suit. No way I will find one in my size in any store and custom made suits are very expensive. Have heard that Thailand is the go-to place for custom tailoring.

Can anyone give me an idea of what a quality, 2 piece, suit would cost? I wear a 44 long and I will probably want it made from Italian or British fabrics.

Thanks.

DirtGuy
MaiPenRai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tailors everywhere in Bangkok. Normal price for a decent suit starts at about 5-6000 baht. But for different materials, you may pay up to about 10,000+++ baht.

Most places have lots of options for fabrics (wool/cashmere/different blends). Price will vary greatly

Just walk along sukumvit road or Silom road to find many tailors. Personally, I would avoid any place that can market themselves as making 24-48 hour suits. I think it should take about 3-7 days to do it properly with at least 1-2 fittings before its all done.

There are tons of deals on Groupon Thailand right now for suits. Most are about 50% off, so you are getting a decent suit for about 3000 baht ($100 or 75 pounds).

One of the more well known places is Rajawongse (Jesse and Victor) on Sukumvit Road near the Landmark Hotel at about Soi 6. They are more expensive, but they do most of the work for foreign diplomats and even have pics of them doing suits for the past 3 or 4 US presidents. They are usually busy so expect it to take a week or more.

I just had a suit done at place called Zantino (near the Novotel next to the Ploenchit BTS station). Paid 5500 baht and I think it is a good suit (not great but decent). Finished in 5 days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: