Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are your job condition non-starters?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoBillyNO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cluck" China, a "sheepskin" in animal husbandry and chicken suit required.
fat_chris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoBillyNO wrote:
"Cluck" China, a "sheepskin" in animal husbandry and chicken suit required.

There it is. +1

No Cluck China for me please, no thank you. I discarded the chicken suit a long time ago.

Warm regards,
fat_chris
Markness

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreatApe wrote:
Markness wrote:
Quote:
I need to stop working for this recruiting group... I'm pretty sure they take half my damn salary every month, time to backdoor them after the 1-year is up.

+ 1, mate!

Show them the proverbial door A.S.A.P! No need to keep feeding the leeches! Become a free-agent and get a bit more control over your life.

Good Luck, and KEEP GOING!

--GA

Thanks for the advice good sir! The problem is that I like my school and the recruiters have "guanxi" going on with this school so I am afraid that I won't be able to negotiate them out of this contract after the year is up...

Sad

I hear Guangdong isn't that bad though, they hiring over there after? :p
Shanghai Noon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: What are your job condition non-starters? Reply with quote

choudoufu wrote:
buffalobill12323 wrote:
- contrary to popular belief, it is perfectly legal to hold multiple jobs in China as a foreigner, as long as you have not signed a contract which expressly forbids it

really? are you sure? despite the "outside work" clause in the standard
contract, i was under the impression that working for other than your
sponsoring employer is illegal. of course, on the another hand, the
law is only selectively enforced. in which case:

buffalobill12323 shoulda wrote:
- contrary to popular belief, it is expressly illegal to hold multiple jobs in China as a foreigner. you often can take side work, but only as long as you remain discreet and don't piss off the wrong peoples.

My last company offered to fabricate paperwork to make it legal for us to work side jobs (for a price). The school outside would sign a "contract" with my company stating that we were employed through our legal employer, and being farmed out on a part time basis. How we dealt with the "client" school was our business. I don't think anyone actually went through the trouble unless the owner of our company happened to be connected with someone at the part-time gig.

Legally, you must work for a company with an F.E.C. license at all times. If you are loaned out, you must be work in an establishment with an education license.

Yes, if you are discrete and don't piss anyone off, you will probably not be caught. Unfortunately, schools don't always understand this, and start parading around their new found foreigner like a trophy. Rival schools might notice that a school that never had a foreign teacher before suddenly has one, and that said school has no F.E.C. license.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: