Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I change my visa status in China?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freeman12

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: How can I change my visa status in China? Reply with quote

My husband and I are moving to teach in Shanghai area. My husband will be applying for a Z Visa in the US before we leave, and I will have to apply for spouse visa. I was told this is because my Bachelor's degree isn't finished yet - I have 5 classes left to go in order to graduate. Is there a way once I graduate to change my visa from spouse to Z visa so I can gain employment?? I read somewhere about 2 yrs work experience after graduation, which I won't be able to "technically" provide them with if I am living in China with my husband while he teaches.

Any suggestions?? Advice? Experience with successful visa runs?
wangdaning

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say ask the school, but that implies you would work for the same school.

You can switch, how it happens is more open ended.

Are you planning to have a trip home at anytime, that could help things.
If not make sure the school gets HK as the place, otherwise, you are not getting the visa. You cannot switch, officially, in China from the L->Z.

Forgot to address experience. That is a funny one. Just list any you have and see what happens. I put I had 5 years taking care of my friends kid. When I was at his home I did look after the kid Wink That was before my uni, so maybe it is different. Hopefully, someone can help out here.
doogsville

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: How can I change my visa status in China? Reply with quote

Freeman12 wrote:
I read somewhere about 2 yrs work experience after graduation, which I won't be able to "technically" provide them with if I am living in China with my husband while he teaches.

I'm not sure that the work experience has to be post graduation, but I may be wrong (and if I am someone on Dave's is sure to let me know :0 ). You hit the nail on the head with your use of the word "technically" I think. There is a phrase, much loved of New Agers and positive thinkers, regarding telling yourself you feel positive, even if you don't, so you eventually will. 'You've got to fake it to make it'. Or if you're more of a football fan, then when you think of the truth, just 'Bend it like Beckham'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: