Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013 Italy hiring regulations allow US citizens now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be why most other posters have stopped writing. Seems like a capital idea.
Xie Lin

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeiPei0708 wrote:
Teacher in Rome wrote:
Quote:
So I paid all that money for nothing after they told me they could find me a job in Italy??

They had all these testimonies of ppl that said they found work after completing their program...is it a total scam???

Really? I didn't find any of those. I found this:

"In some locations, we are able to guarantee employment locally after completing the course. In all of our course locations, we can and do provide you with professional and ongoing assistance in finding that crucial first TEFL teaching job. We have schools and offices all around the world, all of which you'll be welcome to visit or to contact for help, irrespective of where you originally took your TEFL course."

Where are the testimonials of people who said they'd found work in Italy? (And were they US citizens??)

Okay here is their website
http://www.internationalteflacademy.com/alumni-country-questions-and-answers/bid/114610/Florence-Italy-English-Teaching-Q-and-A-with-Sarah-Graubard

http://www.internationalteflacademy.com/alumni-stories/bid/114860/Welcome-Home-Teaching-English-in-Italy

Is there a reason for these ITA links? I thought it was Via Lingua you "paid."

Quote:

Via Lingua Florence
Via Brunelleschi, 1
50123 Florence ITALY
tel +39 055 283161
www.cteflflorence.com

Luxe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chica88 wrote:
spiral78 wrote:
Actually, it's quite feasible for US citizens to get work permits for Germany.

I will not argue that point because I'm not in Germany and do not know whats going on there.
I was told German schools are only supposed to hire US citizens if they can't find another German person with the same or excelling skills.
That makes Germany quite a force to be reckoned with in my book.

This is only true for employed positions. The vast majority of ESL work in Germany is freelance, and it is ridiculously easy for Americans, Australians, Canadians and Kiwis to obtain a freelance visa, so long as they're not destitute. I've never heard of anyone being denied an ESL freelance visa who had the requisite funds, health insurance and job offers.
think_balance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregorio wrote:
Found out that I qualified for Italian Citizenship, jus sanguinis, waited 5 years for all that to go through...

That took FIVE YEARS?!
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granting citizenship is a pretty serious and risky business - the government becomes responsible for adding the new citizen to its pension roles, tax system, health care lists, and possibly to its database of potential military draftees. It's not a light undertaking, and 5 years isn't unreasonably slow.
think_balance

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Granting citizenship is a pretty serious and risky business - the government becomes responsible for adding the new citizen to its pension roles, tax system, health care lists, and possibly to its database of potential military draftees. It's not a light undertaking, and 5 years isn't unreasonably slow.

I guess I am just naive... I imagined it would only take a few months. I've begun researching my lineage to see if I qualify as well. : fingers crossed :
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Actually, it's quite feasible for US citizens to get work permits for Germany.

chica88 wrote:
I was told German schools are only supposed to hire US citizens if they can't find another German person with the same or excelling skills.
That makes Germany quite a force to be reckoned with in my book.

Luxe wrote:
The vast majority of ESL work in Germany is freelance, and it is ridiculously easy for Americans, Australians, Canadians and Kiwis to obtain a freelance visa, so long as they're not destitute. I've never heard of anyone being denied an ESL freelance visa who had the requisite funds, health insurance and job offers.

Well, I've just learned something new here.
lagringalindissima

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Old post, I know, but.. Reply with quote

I am an American, and Americans with one European parents are granted dual citizenship--at least as far as I know. My family friend is married to a German and her daughter is dual citizen; thus she's an EU citizen with American English as her native language. It's also not unheard of for Americans to marry Europeans (and yes for love Smile; another bonus for those people is if they want job in Italy they will likely already live there with their spouse. So even if a school does want to hire an American--for our dialect-- there are Americans with EU citizenship out there; the school would have to prove they couldn't find anyone else before they hired a non citizen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: