Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HCT Interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smedini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: HCT Interview Reply with quote

Hi all Smile

I know I may get my knuckles rapped here because I've seen what happens when people ask questions that have "already been answered" elsewhere on the board. The most recent information I can find that is specific about HCT interviews and question types etc is from 2011, though, so I thought I'd bite the bullet and take one for the team of upcoming interviewees to ask what one can expect in an interview and whether anything has changed recently.

Ta!

~smedini
gugz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smedini,

are you expecting an interview soon? and in what area did you apply for? Interview will be conducted by the department head, college director and may be few other people from your area of teaching. They all going to be expats, and it would not be a straight forward interview. You will be asked questions regarding your previous job(s), your teaching attitude towards the students whose first language is not english, your teaching philosophy, questions will be asked to judge whether you are a team player, ability to deal a conflict with management or students, your future plans............. go through your CV

all the best
smedini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gugz...

Thanks for your feedback! Yes, I have an interview scheduled next week. I'm a bit nervous, so any information I can get will be helpful! I will comb through my CV and try to make sure I'm ready for whatever comes my way, I guess, as well as brush up on describing the reasons why I am such a good team player Wink

Thanks again!

~smedini

PS: what do you mean "in what area" did I apply?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: