Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Challenge : please stay away!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeachingWarszawa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: The Challenge : please stay away! Reply with quote

Hi! Please stay away from The Challenge school in Warsaw (close to Stare Miasto)! Not only they pay crap rates but also they pay months later after huge scandals from teachers. Of course there is a big turnover and they are always looking for teachers. Right now, teachers are owed several months of pay - although clients do pay - but they are threatened when quitting. The school also demands 650 zl from teachers who dare leaving with less than one month-notice.

Some years ago, such situations were kind of common in Poland but fortunately they are now rare, at least in Warsaw so my advice, stay away from those crapy schools as The Challenge. Schools offer "umowa o dzieło", which is a contract of civil law and therefore in case of a conflict, Labor Inspection (PIP) for instance cannot help.

Good day!
john123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.

The more we name and shame, the better.

Regards.
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: yeah John123...right on! Reply with quote

I remember years ago when I tried a financially ruinous move back to Poland from the Gulf. I signed a contract with Profi-lingua to teach 20 hours a week. After my first observation they upped my work load to 38 hours/week in a kind of coercive way. I quit at the end of the first semester during winter break as I was headhunted to teach a wealthy entrepreneur as his private tutor. Well...Profi-lingua threatened to sue me for the remaining number of hours on my contract till the end of June at double the rate they paid me. I told them to f off and come find me in the Gulf. Don't agree with schools that try and screw with your rights quoting the contracts which they themselves break willy-nilly.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first read this thread, I thought I was being challenged to 'stay away' from it. Laughing
sparks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah crap! I took a couple of classes with them to fill in my schedule. I don't like to keep too many classes at any one place for this reason. I guess I shouldn't be expecting that extra Majowka money then.... Sad
davidmorrison

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning! Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: