Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IBCM in Mitrovica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Macedonia and the Balkans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddieshack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: IBCM in Mitrovica Reply with quote

I noticed that International Business College Mitrovica is hiring again, wanted to say that, at this moment, the director is incredibly unprofessional and racist, and the school a disorganized mess.

Had a friend who worked there, and wasnt paid for the first 3 months, lived in a warzone with no support and was expected "to deal with it."

I've heard from said friend that he was on his way out, but the NGO has a fairly bad reputation now, and no one applied to replace him. His contract has been extended another year.

The benefits are alright, and it's incredibly cheap to live there, but in an opinion I trust, be wary, this institution looks a lot better on the surface than it is. Many of the local staff have left in recent weeks.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitrovica ? Not the best choice of towns in the Region ! Focus of continuing conflict between Serbians and Albanians.
nomadic_meow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a couple years. Any updates on this site?
MsHoffman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I interviewed with the director of the English program, I think she's only been there a year. She seemed extremely nice and open-minded. I'm not sure if I will get the position, but even if I don't it seems like a great uni and a nice place to work.
MsHoffman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get the job, which is okay because I also really want to work in Mexico.

Anywhoo they had a lot of applicants, and I have an M.A. In English + TEFL with a lot of ESL college level teaching experience, so either my interview skills suck (a definite possibility), or they had some PhD applicants. Probably a mixture of both Smile

Bottom line: they are picky, which is probably a good thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Macedonia and the Balkans All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: