Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs in Tianjin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young_whippersnapper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Jobs in Tianjin? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me about ESL/EFL jobs that may be hiring in Tianjin? What schools there tend to hire EFL teachers? what are working conditions like in that particular city? What should be expected?
chinatimes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as anywhere. Tianjin is bigger than you might think, so find out the location of the school. I have asked which station the school is next to and have been told there is no station. Decide if you want that location or not.
chinatimes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an update:

I talked with this school for weeks, agreed with recruiter to work ASAP. I talked with school. I talked with another school office worker when the first had to go to "training". I talked with the director who was surprised a teacher needed to work ASAP. I talked with recruiter, I talked with school. I was given a schedule.

Then, I was told to work at a second location in August. No, I agreed to work and live at one location near the school. Now they are changing the location. I would now have to commute.

If you want to come to Beijing or nearby, prepare yourself for this.

Things have changed. They no longer tell you something they will honor the following week.

Too many naive teachers taking the bait to stop this.
chinatimes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another one:

I got this "guy" named "Riky" who wanted me to work in Tangshan last week. We had a misunderstanding with phone interview times. The recruiter said 8pm (didn't know difference between morning and evening), but they called at 8am. I had no idea, and was sleeping. While being woken up, who knows who was talking to me but I know it was a Chinese guy.

I figure, he misspelled his name (which would be Ricky). Today, a chick answers the phone and says "riky" is a girl's name and she is who I talked with. Obviously taking cues from the real "riky" in the office.

They are supposedly Tangshan's No.1 High School.

Fun and games. If you are an honest recruiter, want to give me a decent offer, contact me.

I am tired of these games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: