Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working holiday Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coolguy123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Working holiday Australia Reply with quote

Hi - I'm thinking of doing the whole working holiday thing in Australia since I'm 29. Most of the people on here seem to want to teach English in Australia as a profession, however it seems like the bar of entry might be high as there is an oversupply of teachers now (same as the US).

What kind of other work is there? Farm work/fruit picking? While I'm tempted to engage in such work, I'm not sure if it would be worth it so to speak, as the gap in my resume for picking fruit for 6 months or 1 year might not be so great.

I've got some IT skills, any idea of the IT industry?

While I admire Australia for it's high minimum wage, and more egalitarian policies than the US, I think the day when I can do a working holiday as such may be past. Any input?

On another note - anyone know the age ceiling for the working holiday visa? Says you must be aged 30 or younger. Does this mean that you can apply and receive the visa before you turn 31, say a month before?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: