Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

China Foreign Teachers Salaries Almost Lowest In World?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hmmm...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: China Foreign Teachers Salaries Almost Lowest In World? Reply with quote

Why all the fricking hype about China when the salaries paid to ESL & TEFL teachers in China are almost the worst (lowest) in the world? And please don't start trying to sell "the low cost of living" argument because that means zero unless you plan to live the rest of your life in China! I have a real student loan to repay in American dollars not Chinese yuan!

I just visited a website sent to me by a teaching colleague in Dubai and it blew me away www.ChinaScamBusters.com There are 87 countries that pay ESL and TEFL teachers better average salaries than China. Yeah, China may be better than Haiti, Dominican Republic and Uruguay but they were never even on my top 20 list anyway! My bud in Dubai makes $50,000 a year plus he gets a free apartment with no roomates!

And I think no other country scam and cheats foreign teachers more than in China (maybe tied with Nigeria!). So why when I do a google search for teaching jobs in China, all these glorious ads pop up making China sound like paradise? Maybe its a great and easy place to get laid (from what I read) but I need to make money and not come home broke!

I think all those bogus ads are just put up so agents and recruiters can bamboozle and swindle someone out of half their salary and don't care about repeat business. I have never seen so much misleading propaganda about teaching in my life than the China crap on the internet.
A593186

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All countries and salaries are directly related to one another. So don't YOU give US the "it's not the standard/cost of living" issue. That's exactly what it is. China is not responsible for preparing you, padding your pockets, living up to what you want just so you can be successful somewhere else. Why is it you think China has some moral obligation to make your life better for your sake while Chinese citizens live/earn based on the national standard related to factors like standard/cost of living and more?

This is a ridiculous post.
Markness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, it's this dude again. Welcome back, we missed you!
Mikeylikesit114

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find your outrage laughable.

Prices are determined by supply and demand. I think what you are upset about is that other teachers are willing to sell their labor at a price that seems low to you.

If they are willing to sell their labor at such a low price, then we can infer that for many teachers, living in China on low salaries is preferable to whatever situation they left back home.

Your comments about scams and lies are also a bit naive. China is a country without a rule of law. How that has escaped you is beyond me.

Here's a tip: Go acquire some skills or qualifications that are in demand. That might be a more effective course of action than whining on an internet forum.
aummua

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your bud in Dubai only makes 50k? That blows.
Bud Powell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm....

A little advice: Stay out of China. You won't like it, and it won't like you. You should work with your friend in Dubai where Sharia law prevails. The fine for a parking ticket isn't pretty.

And A5931, etc.: I understand the principle of your comment to the OP, and I agree with you.
Denim-Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another spam message that should be disregarded by most people.

Would anyone like to work in London teaching EFL? Salaries start at around £10.50 an hour with no accomodation or other bonus payable. And you will probably have a zero hours contract for that too!

I have worked summer schools in the UK since 2007. Salary per hour last year was just under £12 I think. Again, no accom, bonus or even holiday pay included.
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low pay and low barriers to entry.
Why is that so difficult to understand?
FreakingTea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? You mean some people go to places because it's inherently interesting to them and suits their lifestyles? This forum is ridiculous. I can't believe you all voluntarily come together to discuss a common interest and share advice about your chosen country like I'm doing right now. Laughing
Bud Powell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Freaking Tea. Surprised
choudoufu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: China Foreign Teachers Salaries Almost Lowest In World? Reply with quote

Hmmm... wrote:
blahblahblah

A593186 wrote:
blahblahblah

hahahahah! this is too cool!

trolls arguing with trolls.
choudoufu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: China Foreign Teachers Salaries Almost Lowest In World? Reply with quote

B4UGO wrote:
blahblahblah

and the hits just keep on coming!!!
aummua

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: More Lies About Average Salaries of China Foreign Teache Reply with quote

B4UGO wrote:
OP is right on target and anyone who worked in China damn well knows it! The only people that promote teaching in China are agents and recruiters and its obvious that many of them pose as teachers on this and all the other teacher forums.

The only foreigners that make money in China are entrepreneurs and expat agents who rip off other expats with huge fees and commissions on placements. Those who have any doubts can do some reading on their own...

http://open.salon.com/blog/china_business_central/2012/12/16/china_scam_recruiters_lure_foreign_teachers_with_hype_lies

http://www.zimbio.com/Beijing+China/articles/CWDbD8FdBB9/China+Foreign+Teachers+Say+Low+Salaries+Insulting

http://www.ChinaScamBusters.com

But I'm making $2500 a month for 80 hours of work. In Saudi I was making $4500 a month, but working 40 hours a week.
GreatApe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO! Laughing

TROLLS TALKING TO TROLLS ... and B4 jumps in RIGHT ON CUE!

Stay out of China, or, rather, stay KICKED OUT of China! Laughing

Enjoy Dubai!

--GA
aummua

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lower salaries than China from around the world:

Poland
Hungary
Vietnam
Thailand
Cambodia
Philippines

...just off the top of my head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: