Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bell School still owes me money!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecocks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Polish Language Schools Reply with quote

TiffanyHoran wrote:

Where do you work?

I've had two unsuccessful Skype interviews (with Bell and LANG) and sent out so many applications that I've lost count.

I'll have your job if you're thinking about leaving, I really want to work in Poland.

Why do you feel the two interviews were unsuccessful Tiffany?

Which area are you hoping for or will anywhere in Poland do?

And, as Shake asks, what are your reasons for choosing Poland?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Polish Language Schools Reply with quote

TiffanyHoran wrote:
Chris78 wrote:
the more i read about stuff like this the more i'm starting to think it was a mistake coming here..I've talked to few teachers already and they're all saying it's their last year in poland..most of them are looking into Asia or the Middle east..

Where do you work?

I've had two unsuccessful Skype interviews (with Bell and LANG) and sent out so many applications that I've lost count.
I'll have your job if you're thinking about leaving, I really want to work in Poland.

I could - perhaps - be interested for the next academic year. Feel free to drop me a PM Smile
TiffanyHoran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Polish Language Schools Reply with quote

Master Shake wrote:
TiffanyHoran wrote:
I really want to work in Poland.
Why is this?

In December last year I visited Katowice, Kraków and several other places, then in June of this year I visited Nikiszowiec, Warsaw, Katowice and even more places. I have a number of connections in Poland at the moment and I am genuinely interested in learning Polish.

A Philosophy of Film module (as part of my recently completed MA in Art, Aesthetics and Cultural Institutions) ignited my love of Polish cinema and innovative curatorial techniques. Poland is a fascinating country, I didn't decide to become an English teacher to save money, I'm quite happy working to live, rather than to save. I am aware that working elsewhere in the world may be more beneficial financially but that doesn't change my current aspirations.
TiffanyHoran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Polish Language Schools Reply with quote

ecocks wrote:
TiffanyHoran wrote:

Where do you work?

Why do you feel the two interviews were unsuccessful Tiffany?

Which area are you hoping for or will anywhere in Poland do?

And, as Shake asks, what are your reasons for choosing Poland?

The interviews were unsuccessful as I was not hired for the advertised positions, other than that I felt they went very well. Both interviewers were incredibly charismatic and I don't harbour any negative feelings towards either of them. I was just slightly disheartened by the outcome.

In terms of location, I was hoping to work in the South. I was obviously considering Warsaw but that was the farthest North, ruling out somewhere like Gdańsk or Szczecin, which in all honesty was probably a foolish decision based on my unfamiliarity with the areas and their transport links to larger cities.
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

Tiffany-have you got a Cumbrian accent? Smile. Hate to say it but some interviewers go for the more RP candidates instinctively. It could be that you don't have enough experience. I think you really have to go there to secure work.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiffany, if you're interested in Poznan, give me a shout - I could really use an English teacher who loves Art. I'm more than likely going to hire another native next year, so I'm quite happy to consider you. The fact that you've got an MA (in any subject) is a huge advantage...
Master Shake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Polish Language Schools Reply with quote

TiffanyHoran wrote:
In December last year I visited Katowice, Kraków and several other places, then in June of this year I visited Nikiszowiec, Warsaw, Katowice and even more places. I have a number of connections in Poland at the moment and I am genuinely interested in learning Polish.

A Philosophy of Film module (as part of my recently completed MA in Art, Aesthetics and Cultural Institutions) ignited my love of Polish cinema and innovative curatorial techniques. Poland is a fascinating country, I didn't decide to become an English teacher to save money, I'm quite happy working to live, rather than to save. I am aware that working elsewhere in the world may be more beneficial financially but that doesn't change my current aspirations.
It's sounds like you've chosen the right place then. There are a few guys on this forum who blather on and on that Poland is only appealing for single guys who like Polish women and cheap booze. But obviously this isn't the case.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Polish Language Schools Reply with quote

Master Shake wrote:
It's sounds like you've chosen the right place then. There are a few guys on this forum who blather on and on that Poland is only appealing for single guys who like Polish women and cheap booze. But obviously this isn't the case.

Exactly. The problem is that the people who say such things had/have limited social circles - if you spend your whole time with "the lads" or with the in-laws, then you're unlikely to ever broaden your horizons to actually meet people like Tiffany.
curtmonster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gardenbotanial,

This was their response:

"Thank you very much for contacting EAQUALS and for sending the completed Complaints Form.

The EAQUALS Executive Director has contacted the head of ELS Bell Poland on your behalf and we have been assured that the matter of your payment will be handled without delay.

In fact, the school named in your complaint form is not accredited by EAQUALS, but since other branches of ELS Poland are EAQUALS members, we hope that this matter will now be resolved."

Bell never threatened me with anything...if anything I was the one giving threats...As far as my colleague he has finally been paid after many emails directly to Ludka
curtmonster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Polish Language Schools Reply with quote

[quote="TiffanyHoran"][quote="ecocks"]
TiffanyHoran wrote:

Where do you work?

Tiffany,

In my experience trying to secure a teaching position in Poland, I found I had much better luck with traveling to the actual city, rather than trying to set up Skype interviews. I had sent my CV to well over 50 schools with no luck. Not until I told them I would be in town during a certain period did I receive interest. Have you considered working at a couple different schools part time? Some schools might not be able to offer a full time position. If you have more questions feel free to send me a message Smile

Regards,
Curt
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

Nice to see a woman on the forum. Rare as rocking horse sh*t. Good luck with the cultural 'art' side of Poland. Personally, I'd prefer to pay and watch the Arctic Monkeys than attend a bunch of Armenians banging kettles whilst a Serb reads poetry and a Poles cuts up a barrel with a buzz saw. Seen dozens of that kind of 'gig'. My social circle is vast. Seen it all. I hope you get a job Tiffany but you'll find it old after a while. You'll grow out of the boho life.
dynow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: erm Reply with quote

dragonpiwo wrote:
Nice to see a woman on the forum. Rare as rocking horse sh*t.

agreed.

but i guess she's only on the forum, not actually living and working there yet.
sparks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but i guess she's only on the forum, not actually living and working there yet.

Leaving out the "yet" I think this applies to at least a couple of regular posters on here Smile Smile
dynow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparks wrote:

Quote:

Leaving out the "yet" I think this applies to at least a couple of regular posters on here Smile Smile

right right, i see the similarity. one has years of experience living, working, socializing, traveling in Poland, and speaks Polish. the other one.....wait....what point are you making?

Rolling Eyes
sparks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes, but it is important to stay up-to-date. How can you comment accurately on all of the advances in pierogi-making technology and methods for teaching the present perfect if you're not here living it man? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: