Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Reasons Why You Should Use An Agent In China To Find Jobs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: 10 Reasons Why You Should Use An Agent In China To Find Jobs Reply with quote

10 Reasons Why & When You Should Use A Recruiter In China To Find A Teaching Job...

Since there are so many agents and recruiters residing on this forum pretending to be real ESL teachers so they can covertly promote themselves, I thought I would lend them a hand. Here are ten reasons why and when to use recruiters and agents in China...

1. Your mom and dad are rich and send you a $5,000 monthly allowance so you can afford to forfeit 30%-50% of your salary every month in placement fees.

2. You cannot read English and therefore cannot find your own job by using Google to find and contact schools directly via their principal or international office.

3. You are autistic and it takes you a looooooooong time to figure things out.

4. You are into pain and love the smell of Vaseline.

5. You are banging a fine hot Chinese girl who works as a recruiter and want to give her a special birthday gift.

6. When God was passing out brains you thought he said "trains" and you said "Thanks, but I really don't need one!"

7. You are just using a teaching job to get an F visa instead of an L visa and you will do a midnight run a week after you take the job in China.

8. You want to fit in with all the other Newbies who earn less than 12,000yuan per month and want to save them "face" and live in "harmony".

9. You truly believed the 5 or 6 users on this forum who are recruiters masquerading as genuine teachers.

10. You are not teaching in China to make money - only to enjoy the "experience"

So why am I in China for 4 years and why did I use an agent? I only used an agent once when I first arrived here because I was naive and gullible. On my second gig I found my own job and now earn 18,000 yuan per month. I will stay in China because I met someone special and her dad is is super connected. My teaching days are numbered.
NP1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL. Thanks for reminding me bud. Now lets wait for all those recruiters to attack you. Send me a PM if they have any openings at YCIS. I heard that is great plave to work. Thanks.
A593186

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Use An Agent In China To Find Reply with quote

Bolt wrote:
10 Reasons Why & When You Should Use A Recruiter In China To Find A Teaching Job...

Since there are so many agents and recruiters residing on this forum pretending to be real ESL teachers so they can covertly promote themselves, I thought I would lend them a hand. Here are ten reasons why and when to use recruiters and agents in China...

1. Your mom and dad are rich and send you a $5,000 monthly allowance so you can afford to forfeit 30%-50% of your salary every month in placement fees.

2. You cannot read English and therefore cannot find your own job by using Google to find and contact schools directly via their principal or international office.

4. You are into pain and love the smell of Vaseline.

5. You are banging a fine hot Chinese girl who works as a recruiter and want to give her a special birthday gift.

6. When God was passing out brains you thought he said "trains" and you said "Thanks, but I really don't need one!"

7. You are just using a teaching job to get an F visa instead of an L visa and you will do a midnight run a week after you take the job in China.

8. You want to fit in with all the other Newbies who earn less than 12,000yuan per month and want to save them "face" and live in "harmony".

9. You truly believed the 5 or 6 users on this forum who are recruiters masquerading as genuine teachers.

10. You are not teaching in China to make money - only to enjoy the "experience"

So why am I in China for 4 years and why did I use an agent? I only used an agent once when I first arrived here because I was naive and gullible. On my second gig I found my own job and now earn 18,000 yuan per month. I will stay in China because I met someone special and her dad is is super connected. My teaching days are numbered.

Far too many people think they are so clever. The post itself is not clever or funny - as you thought you were making it. Self-aggrandizing is all I see here. Showing how you are so smart, making so much money, but incapable of being a teacher as your "days are numbered."

If you're so capable in the field and negotiating (which really means you came across a job with that salary in a large city that means NOTHING in China as you are foreigner in a large city and that is simply the norm), then why not get your skills working in the U.S. and make your $90,000 a year and show us all up? Go to a city like Jinan or Nanjing and make your 18,000 RMB and then we'll all be less snippy.

Cleverness of the post is absent.

Sounds to me like you screwed yourself and now trying to make yourself sound so in-the-know and trying to come off as Mr. Know-it-All. It's not working.
choudoufu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kettle, meet..............oh never mind.
kungfuman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you make fun of handicapped people? Fell better about yourself now?

Quote:
johntpartee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so tempted, but I just ignore this kind of stuff.
NP1970

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're back! See OP - I told you they'd be ready to attack and they did - in less than 15 minutes no less. How dare you for not being "clever"! Clever is a Chinese thing so clearly that fellow is either Chinese or he has been here in China waaaaay too long. Anyway, thanks again for a good laugh. It sends the right message for all the new teachers and for the vets you are more or less - preaching to the choir.
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I thought it was quite amusing and right on cue the usual suspect chimed in!
vikeologist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kungfuman wrote:
So you make fun of handicapped people? Fell better about yourself now?

Quote:

Actually I object to both the idea that the Op thinks that autism is synonymous with being stupid (it really tells me all I need to know about him. What a .... I don't want to get banned), and calling autistic people 'handicapped'. Rolling Eyes

I am against using recruiters, but there have been sensible and adult discussions on this subject on this site (unlike the OP's contribution). I can accept that potentially there are a few very limited reasons to use recruiters. I still think it's completely unnecessary, and that there are so few decent recruiters that it's a big gamble, but for the sake of trying to drag this discussion adult-ward, here's 2.

11) Some schools do not recruit directly and use recruiters. If there is a good school, and the only way to get a job there is through a recruiter, I guess you have to consider it.

12) If you are a very good candidate for jobs, maybe recruiters can point you in the direction of something worthwhile.

I think we have to bear in mind that there are different types of recruiters, and they don't all match the generalisations of the OP's post or his extensive experience of one recruiter.

However, if you are coming to China for the first time to teach; finding your own job, though it may require a bit of research and work on your part, is going to be the right move maybe 99.9% of the time.

For the record, I'm not an agent. I'm a Director of Studies. I would be against using a recruiter to find teachers, and I'd be slightly dismissive of anybody who thought that using a recruiter was a good way to find jobs. I'd hope that even in the case of reason 12 above, good teachers would find their own way to us. Common sense and initiative never hurt in a teacher, whether they're autistic or not.
buffalobill12323

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Use An Agent In China To Find Reply with quote

1) Pointless AND unfunny, very few rich kids come here to teach

[2) Quite a reasonable point

3) Beneath contempt

4) Freudian insight into the OPs sexual preferences

5) Painfully unfunny

6) Exploring new depths of one who thinks they have a keen, cutting sense of humor, but really, really doesn't.

7) Do people do this? Potentially genuine, if illegal reason

8.) Creating the myth that 12,000 is a reasonable newbie salary - essentially laying the groundwork for some showing off lately.

9) Possibly a relatively useful point

10) This happens, really, you can't just dismiss it because it doesn't fit with your world view.

So why am I in China (Failed stand-up career)

On my second gig I found my own job and now earn 18,000 yuan
(Really not as impressive as you seem to think)

I will stay in China because I met someone special (hope you don't have any special children - in the Olympic sense of the word)

and her dad is is super connected. (Based on the fact that the average person has 7 relationships before marriage that turn bad, there is a statistical likelihood that her having a super-connected* will, in the long run be bad news for you)

My teaching days are numbered. (It's always nice to end with some good news)

* Why is there a star?
vikeologist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's worth bearing in mind that 'Bolt' is one of the CFTU aliases, so probably every fact in his post is made up anyway. Only the recruiter-paranoia, ignorance and delusional belief in his own wisdom are genuine.
Bolt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to disappoint you mate but Iwould never join any group in China. Groups get monitored by Big Red and the leaders magically don't get their visas renewed (passsive deportation). That's exactly what happened to Ross Rawlings and the other leaders from the old China Teacher's Alliance. I have even known a few pastors to experience the same hospitality.
johntpartee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit this is kinda fun in a sado-masochistic sorta way.
choudoufu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolt wrote:
Hate to disappoint you mate but Iwould never join any group in China.

not even dave's? Rolling Eyes
NP1970

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another 10 reasons to consider...

http://www.cleverchinacheaters.com/2012/09/10-reasons-why-you-should-never-use.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: