Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

waxing lyrical

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itslatedoors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: waxing lyrical Reply with quote

Why is it that a number of regular posters on this board post info and opinions on things,places,schools,subjects etc about which they clearly know nothing?Maybe they should get out more...date and drink a little bit and generally unwind.
Glenski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why is it that a number of regular posters on this board post info and opinions on things,places,schools,subjects etc about which they clearly know nothing?

Care to name names and examples of knowing nothing? Your post is pretty much lower than "lyrical" with such emptiness.
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: dating and drinking Reply with quote

Some of us do not "date" (what a quaint euphemism !) and I am sure many do not drink. We are not all 22-year olds, living like college students.
bnix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: "Waxing Lyrical" and Dating(!) Reply with quote

Well.Mr.Doors.after all, it is a forum.And for people "clearly knowing nothing"...how do you come to that conclusion....because they have opinions that differ from yours?I do not agree with some of your opinions,either,but I would not use "clearly knowing nothing" in reference to them.They are just different opinions.
As for all that dating(!!!!???) business...I think Scot 47 made a pretty good retort to that...not all of us are Ken and Barbie types who came overseas for some kind of an extended Animal House type frat party. Although ,Lord knows, TESOL IS cursed with plenty of those!! And as for the drinking business,some people work in countries where it is not all that easy to "date"(!!!) or even have a LEGAL drink or two.

Have fun with your new acquisition"wax lyrical'...but don't wear it out!Have fun in your little paradise in Qatar(no,I have never been to that one,either,and do not intend to go there,either) Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: