Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guatemala to Lima

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddevil79

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Guatemala to Lima Reply with quote

Can anyone give me any information regarding flights + costs between Guatemala and Lima, single ticket. I have been trying to find some info but almost impossible. If not, does anyone know of flights between Guatemala and neighbouring cities (Quito, Santiago, La Paz)? I know air travel in Latin America is unpredictable at the best of times, but any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks
eileen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travel's not that unpredictable here...

For flights, I'd look into each of the national airlines. A hassle, perhaps, but the other option is going to a travel agency (probably easier).

Chile's national airline is LanChile.
Guate's is Aviateca
Peru's is AeroPeru
Bolivia's is LAB
Argentina's is Aerolineas Argentinas
Brazil's is Varig

Don't know prices, but perhaps that will get you started. Flying between Guatemala City and Santiago, Chile must be easy enough, because I know several people who have done it.
reddevil79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the information, will see what I can find!
Carina_Cisneros

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Can you get to Mexico City, first? Reply with quote

Though it might sound "silly", I would recommend getting out of Guatemala --somehow-- and departing from another major city; the cost savings can be huge (and the killer in-country international ticket tax might still exist for Guateamal?). I was going to fly my father from Guatemala to Lima or Santiago, until I saw the prices. If you can, get to Mexico City or San Jose (bus, car, whatever) then depart, it might mean a big savings - though if course this depends on your passport and any teaching-related discounts. My father ended up on a bus to Mexico; I think the bus was about $100, but this saved $400+ in airfares. There are times when Miami / Mexico to Lima are under $400, when American Airlines and LAN hit rock-bottom (a friend flew Miami to Lima last month for $389!). Here are the prices I found last year, and I suspect the savings difference still exists, based on info from some students who recently left Houston to Santiago:

Guate = Lima $855
Guate = Santiago $1110
Tegus = Lima $805
Tegus = Santiago $1205
San Jose = Lima $625
San Jose = Santiago $805
Mexico City = Lima $400
Mexico City = Santiago $700
Miami = Lima $465
Miami = Santiagio $765
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: