Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much do schools pay recruiters?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snailbear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: How much do schools pay recruiters? Reply with quote

I have a job in a public school that is starting out pretty rough. It looks like they are going to be late with our first pay, which is 6 weeks after we signed our contracts.

On top of that, my housing allowance (which is rolled in and taxed with the rest of my salary) is being docked two days because I signed my lease on Sept. 3. Needless to say, my landlord isn't going to be cutting my rent by 2 days' worth of money.

So late pay, plus housing contract cut= they have broken our contract. I didn't expect this from a government school, but then, I don't know much about teaching in Taiwan.

So my question is, how much do the government schools pay to find Weigouren to teach English at their schools? I'm feeling unhappy with this and don't trust them to deal in good faith in the future. I'm just surprised they'd be willing to piss off an employee they might want to retain over so little money, especially since they paid a recruiter to find us.

So I'm curious as to how much I'm "worth."
hanlier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snailbear - me again. Why do you say you are going to be paid late? I also work in a public school, and started working on the 26th of Aug. I was paid on time for the few days I worked in Aug , on Sep 15, as per my contract.
I will be paid again on Oct 15 for the whole of September.So, again, how do you know that your pay is late?

If you are serious about getting legal answers - go to forumosa(google it) there are more knowledgeable people that know the law well, if you want to go down that route.

Unfortunately I don't know what recruiters are being paid.
Snailbear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Because they said so Reply with quote

I was told that my pay would not be on time. Our administration let us know that the county hadn't gotten the money and that our pay would be late. We've been here for 6 weeks, but I guess no one anticipated that we'd actually need money for our salaries by the date it says on our contracts. Some of my colleagues contracts stated that they would be paid by the 5th-- they were not paid.

I'm told that this is common and we should just accept it. I think it may be common in Yunlin County; I'm not sure if that's common throughout Taiwan.
hanlier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi snailbear,

Just wondering if you still are without pay?I can only say that I am it seems, very lucky indeed. I got paid on Friday, which was a whole 2 days before my stated pay day. Am not sure if it is the norm to receive pay late, or not, but hope things are maybe looking up for you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: