Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things that make ESL teaching better...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inotu-unotme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Things that make ESL teaching better... Reply with quote

I was working over 8 hours per day and being somewhat new to ESL teaching was not aware things could have been easier.
Now I travel much less which makes my life a great deal easier.
I also will never work at a school again where I'm in class with students all day with grading, teacher conferences and tests.

Were there things you didn't like about your first ESL job?

Did you change something about your ESL career which has worked out better for you?

What is it that you changed exactly and how does it benefit your life?
fat_chris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Things that make ESL teaching better... Reply with quote

inotu-unotme wrote:
Did you change something about your ESL career which has worked out better for you?

What is it that you changed exactly and how does it benefit your life?

I got an MA in TESOL--that opened doors for me: taught me much more about the field, enabled me to greatly sharpen my skills and allowed me to apply for and get higher positions which have offered me a wider variety of interesting work.

In the beginning I was an assistant language teacher in Austria. I had to follow the head teacher's lead and I had limited knowledge and ability of being able to draft and deliver an effective and smooth lesson. Gone are those days.

Warm regards,
fat_chris
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A full knowledge of revolutionary literature. Plato, Proudhon, Marx, Engels, Chernyshevsky, Lenin and Stalin.

I didn't get to where I am today without knowing a thing or two about re-education.
fat_chris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sashadroogie wrote:
A full knowledge of revolutionary literature. Plato, Proudhon, Marx, Engels, Chernyshevsky, Lenin and Stalin.

I didn't get to where I am today without knowing a thing or two about re-education.

And at a few points in my life I needed the re-re-education!

Warm regards,
fat_chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: