Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guangdong Pei Zheng College

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeThePlumber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Guangdong Pei Zheng College Reply with quote

There's a long thread from two years ago about the soap opera that was Guangdong Peizheng College in those days.

Can anybody provide some updated info about the place? Do you recommend or not?
MESL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard they'll have a new FAO next year.
JoeThePlumber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the FAO that was named "Karl"? By next year, do you mean next semester (2014)?
Simon in Suzhou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know from a firsthand source that things have settled down considerably since the chaos that was posted on the internet a few years ago. My friend is quite happy there and has just signed his intent to renew for a 3rd year. He says he has been treated well by the college, has never had problems with money (which is above average), and enjoys teaching his students which he claims are of a much higher English level than other public universities he has taught at in China. His only complaint is that the place is out in the boonies and it takes 1.5-2 hours to get to downtown Guangzhou.

I don't know about the FAO situation, but he said they are building new apartments for all the foreign teachers for 2014.
SledgeCleaver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, I basically only know one FT in all of China (at least on any real personal level), but he's at this school. It sounds to me like it's pretty legit, all things told - an average to above-average uni gig. He says he uses the same gas canister to cook and take a shower, but that's about all - not living in a cave or anything. He hasn't complained about pay or conditions or anything like that. Especially if you're just getting started, it's probably a good place to go. They have a lot of FTs, which could be good for settling in and networking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: