Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I agreed to teach in Russia, but it's looking sketchy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAR1SSA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Quote:
I know of almost all the English schools in Kiev and only 5 that I can think of offer VISAS (british owned, all of them) there are many many many more that don't.. Another fact, The biggest largest most stable schools in Ukraine -- American English Center, Speak up DO NOT offer VISAS. AEC at any given point can have up to 80 or so teachers.. several IT companies etc quite organized and pay well and on time (as I have many friends who work at them) even some copy write organizations that pay very very well, do not offer VISAS. Those are some of the best jobs you can get here...

This is still somewhat misleading, because a percentage of these teachers who don't have a visa through the school will likely still have a legal visa to live/work through marriage, family, ancestry, or other means.

The percentage who are actually without legal working status of any kind is likely fairly small, I would assume.

For Ukraine that is not remotely true where did you get that info? Google borders runs american english center. There's only two teachers that work there in kiev out of 30 that have passport from Russia and Ukraine from when they were little and the job still isn't legal bc it's paid until the table.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: