Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving to Fujairah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rena58

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Moving to Fujairah Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been looking all over this forum for info about above without success. I did have some info browsing some local websites there (furniture, appliances, cars, etc.)

If there is anyone living there, could you please let me know a bit about your experience, cost of living in particular --- I know it will be quiet and I'm not bringing any dependents with me.

Much appreciated
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a general Internet search on forum expat Fujairah. I find these types of expat forums very helpful.
cmp45

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Moving to Fujairah Reply with quote

Rena58 wrote:
Hello,

I've been looking all over this forum for info about above without success. I did have some info browsing some local websites there (furniture, appliances, cars, etc.)

If there is anyone living there, could you please let me know a bit about your experience, cost of living in particular --- I know it will be quiet and I'm not bringing any dependents with me.

Much appreciated

no responses...??? Fujairah might be quiet compared to Dubai maybe... in my experience it was a pretty lively place...that was about 12 years ago, I can only imagine what it's like now...grown up and out and probably more expensive and congested than when I was there. The Hilton on the coast of Fujairah was the most common gathering place for expats and locals that had money to spend as it had excellent facilities, but you will have to pay to use them. The night life was pretty busy and could be rather expensive too, if you like going out on weekends...I left the UAE for KSA to save money...it can be boring or exciting depends on your personality and what you like doing with your free time. My friends and I would go in to Dubai when we grew tired of spending the weekends in Fujairah. I was always glad to return to Fujairah after a weekend in crazy Dubai. I would choose Fujairah over Dubai.
lioness777

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujairah is still relatively quiet so occasional journeys to Dubai and Abu Dhabi may be required. Housing: anything between 25-55K for a 1-2 bedroom flat depending on preferences and housing allowance. Fujairah is up and coming due to all petrol soon to be redirected through here and new hotels and facilities are being built every day.
Whether you would be comfortable here, it very much depends on your expectations really.

If there is anything else you would like to know, please pm me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: