Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UAEU Benefits?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: UAEU Benefits? Reply with quote

I am interested in UAEU and would like to know more about the benefits they offer. I am particularly interested in the educational payment for accompanying children; does anyone know how much this is? The going rate in the UAE seems to be 50, 000 per child; topping out at 100, 000.

FYI I have an MA in TESOL and 10 years + experience.

Any information is appreciated.
nowasta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard, the education allowance is a a percentage of one's total yearly salary. Most are probably getting approx. 28000 dirhams to 31000 dirhams per year. That is enough to send one child to a mediocre school in Al Ain. For the better schools, you will have to pay out of pocket.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And... many teachers are not thrilled with the education available in Al-Ain for the expat kids.

And I have never heard of an education allowance in the range that you mention Fatboy. Perhaps it relates to corporate employers, but not education. The chronic complaint that I have heard over the years from teachers at the top employers is that the allowance *may* barely cover one child...

VS
Fatboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Education allowance in the UAE Reply with quote

HCT - 50, 000 per child
ZU - 50, 000 per child
Not sure about AUS
D. Merit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
And... many teachers are not thrilled with the education available in Al-Ain for the expat kids.

Indeed.
It's an oft stated reason for seeking to move to Dubai or AD - particularly for those with older children.
Shakhbut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Education allowance in the UAE Reply with quote

Fatboy wrote:
HCT - 50, 000 per child
ZU - 50, 000 per child
Not sure about AUS

Unless this has changed with the new contracts, HCT still offers 60,000 per child and 120,000 per family.
Neutrino Girl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UAEU provides 15% of the Instructor's yearly salary for education. In Al Ain, this will be enough to send one child to Al Ain English Speaking School, but the better school (Al Ain International) costs more than the allowance given to everyone that I know. Many people pay the extra out of pocket for Al Ain International, and if they have more than one child it costs them a fortune out of pocket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: