Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home Room Teacher Salaries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkkgriz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Home Room Teacher Salaries Reply with quote

Question for all you home room teachers out there. What are the average salaries out there? I am interested in private schools specifically. I have been told anywhere between 50,000 and 70,000. Is this accurate? I have been at a private bi-lingual school for years. They have tried to make us home room teachers, but with no rise in pay of course. Any info regarding this topic will be very helpful.
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I have no info. Just a question: what the heck is a home room teacher? Do you do something other than take the role?
bkkgriz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I guess I should have explained it better. Basically a home room teacher teaches more than one subject. They also spend the entire day in the classroom, even when students are learning other subjects in Thai. They also take the kids to lunch and up to the classroom from assembly in the morning. They have a lot of responsibilities outside of just being a subject teacher. Usually, this leads to a higher salary. Not at my school however. They just want to add on more duties for the same pay.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

Home Room teachers at Intl. schools in the LOS make anywhere from Baht 80,000 - Baht 150,000 /Monthly. At Thai government and private schools expect to earn around Baht 35,000/Month. Bilingual schools average around Baht 50,000/Monthly. Good luck in your search. Smile
MaiPenRai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Home Room teachers at Intl. schools in the LOS make anywhere from Baht 80,000 - Baht 150,000 /Monthly

It's a bit late, but please dont be expecting these kinds of salaries in most cases. Without a teachers license from your home country and 2+ years of home country experience, you are unlikley to ever make more than 80-90,000 month. The only teachers making 100K+/month are hired from out of country and have either a specialty (maths, science, ECE, etc) and/or years of experience in Inter schools or home country schools.

Homeroom or core subject teachers at most low-mid tier private/Inter schools in Thailand will be be making 50-90,000/month with some benefits depending greatly on the school.

Check out this site for a list of all ISAT schools. http://www.isat.or.th/schools

Demonstration schools and other private schools you will have to do your own legwork. Too many of them to list here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: