Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Czechland (Prague) or Fatherland (Berlin) ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaceman spiff wrote:
In any case, I'm teaching enough hours online to be able to at least pay rent and food in most places in Eastern Europe, and as long as I can get some privates or other work I should be more than okay. And yes, I'm going regardless of what people are saying, though probably by next fall when I'll have more money and before it'll start getting cold again in Montreal.

You do realise that your working visa for Germany isn't valid in other EU countries? It will be a one year ban from Schengen if you're caught working - in any way - in a country other than Germany.

I know one American who was caught like this. He was working online, but one day, he had a knock on the door from the border guards. He had a valid residence permit, but no permission to work in Poland.

They gave him a simple choice - either accept the one year ban from Schengen and a permanent entry on SIS, or they could start the legal process. How did they know he was working? Simple - his neighbours obviously weren't too happy about someone taking advantage of society but not contributing to it.

Quote:
I don't see why so many are being so odd about this, but seems common to misread intentions, lambast others for sharing similar desires to what others had, and other scot47ish internet forum behaviour - I see this quite a bit on other expat forums. In any case, if some of you truly chose the EFL life for the teaching aspect, fair do's - but that's not my driving motive.

Please don't come crying when you realise that sitting in a dark, cold, small apartment in Prague in the middle of winter really sucks. Those of us on here have seen it all before - and we know that what you want (girls and parties) simply won't mesh well with the reality of living in Europe.

One thing you might not be aware of is that the EU has far more developed systems for catching people than for instance Brazil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: