Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Straight Forward ALT/Eikaiwa Dispatchers Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ BleuWulf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Straight Forward ALT/Eikaiwa Dispatchers Question Reply with quote

Okay all. I have tirelessly searched the internet and I'm ill of all the conflicting information, outdated testimonials, and overall lack of substantial discussion on the topic of dispatch ALT companies.

I'm going to ask it here, but not in the same obnoxious noobish way so many others do...

Can someone please just list the names of some decently reputable ALT dispatch companies that an outside-of-Japan person can use to get their foot in the door?

I know "Dispatch companies all suck. You're damned if you do or don't, yadda yadda"... I'm asking, of the options out there, what are the top few that are the least cruddy and tolerable enough to use as a stepping stone for maybe a year or so?
rtm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Straight Forward ALT/Eikaiwa Dispatchers Question Reply with quote

I've heard mostly good things (or at least fewer bad things) about Interac. I know quite a few people who work for them currently and aren't actively looking for other employment.
kah5217

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for Interac. You can message me if you have any specific questions.
steki47

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Altia Central also does some recruiting overseas. Check their websire or Gaijinpot for dates and places.
rxk22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Straight Forward ALT/Eikaiwa Dispatchers Question Reply with quote

rtm wrote:
I've heard mostly good things (or at least fewer bad things) about Interac. I know quite a few people who work for them currently and aren't actively looking for other employment.

Interac isn't bad, but it isn't good. Altia central doesn't cut your pay each holiday. I'd recommend them over any major one.
nightsintodreams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked for interac for three years, they were my gateway into Japan and I'd reccomend them as a good entry point into Japan. Good luck!
steki47

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Straight Forward ALT/Eikaiwa Dispatchers Question Reply with quote

rxk22 wrote:
Interac isn't bad, but it isn't good. Altia central doesn't cut your pay each holiday. I'd recommend them over any major one.

Like Interac, Altia pays 60% in August and some prorated salary in March. Both AC and Interac follow the client and pay much less with the 9-month contracts (nothing in March and April).

I have worked at both and ranked them roughly the same. Maybe I would give AC a slightly higher ranking on very small issues (paperwork, fewer meetings).
rxk22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I interviewed and they said they paid 24k each month.

Interac was OK. It was the Feb March Aug and Dec paychecks that made any real savings rough
DJ BleuWulf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steki47 wrote:
Altia Central also does some recruiting overseas. Check their websire or Gaijinpot for dates and places.

I've looked into Altia but it seems their site hasn't been updated since December. All the postings that are mentioned seem to be scouting seminars for in-country residents. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think this is the right season for them... or something.
steki47

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxk22 wrote:

Interac was OK. It was the Feb March Aug and Dec paychecks that made any real savings rough

They told you X x 12? Huh, I received 60%in August when I worked for them. Maybe different contract.

The nine-month contracts really suck. Two or three months between paychecks is rough.
rxk22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steki47 wrote:
rxk22 wrote:

They told you X x 12? Huh, I received 60%in August when I worked for them. Maybe different contract.

The nine-month contracts really suck. Two or three months between paychecks is rough.

Yeah, it was 25k, sorry, every month.

But yes, the large contract gaps in most ALT's are pretty awful.

Oh, ACUP is a Chiba based ALT company, and they are pretty decent as well. 21k each and every month with no gaps.
steki47

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxk22 wrote:
Yeah, it was 25k, sorry, every month.

Lucky you! Both of my ALT contracts have paid 230K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: