Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want to pay it forward - in Orenburg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandiegoman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: I want to pay it forward - in Orenburg Reply with quote

Hello everybody!!

I started using this site over 2 years ago before coming to Russia and I have received some of the most helpful and useful information from so many of you. I wanted to "pay it forward" to help others.

A quick back story about me Very Happy
I came to Orenburg, Russia 2 years ago after being fed up with "Corporate America" and wanting a change where I could help others(Teach English) while having a great life experience and I couldn't be any happier with my decision. I met my beautiful wife and we are happily living in Orenburg teaching together.

I worked for a "McSchool" for a year and experienced many of the trials and tribulations as discussed on several forums. However, it did give me some experience and I was able to find work with another school while doing private lessons(My McSchool highly discouraged private lessons and even threatened me from doing any).

This brings me to our topic of conversation. My wife and I work for a great private school and they are growing and wanted to give a Native English Speaker an opportunity to work with them and to have more flexibility than most of the big schools.

I'm not sure where I should post this, but I just wanted to give other people the opportunity to work for good people in a good school while being a mentor to anyone interested.

If you or anyone you know is interested, please message me and we can talk about it.
FreakingTea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear things have worked out so well for you!

I hear the smaller schools don't like to risk hiring people without much experience, but what kind of credentials is this school looking for? By summertime I'll only have one year's experience in China with my online TEFL cert, but it would be good to know what I need to work up to to find a good job in Russia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: