Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MA TESOL-- MED-- Alternative teaching certificate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jl65514

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: MA TESOL-- MED-- Alternative teaching certificate? Reply with quote

Hey all,

I´m currently out in Colombia teaching and was curious as to which would be the best route to go to stay in the education field internationally. I am planning on staying here for a few years teaching and building experience but after Im not sure what course I should take. I would like the option to work in an international school or University someday.

For the best job prospects and money do international schools beat out Universities? Also if i did the alternative teaching certificate, what would be the best field to specialize in ? Lotssss of questions

thanks, Matt
G22

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay away from Colegio Pio XII in Mosquera, that's the best advice I can give you. They'll hire anyone and they pay reasonably well, however there's a reason they will hire anyone and have to pay well: the school is a complete joke. Disorganized, out of control and it has the cheapest administration ever. They won't even buy soap for the bathrooms, they don't have the internet, copy machines, computers or any sort of technology and all the books they have are at least 10 years old.
jl65514

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´m out in Pereira right now teaching in a SENA center. Overall it is a good job and there are a lot of resources but I´m looking to settle into something a little more permanent which pays better. Would you advise an alternative teaching certificate to teach in international schools-- colegios or would a MA in tesol be the way to go?

Curious not for only this country but for other countries in the future as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: