Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bell still not paying on time...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post Mortem

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bell still not paying on time... Reply with quote

curtmonster wrote:
I started a post a while back reporting that Bell still owed me money and took it took several months of calling Ludka to finally get it. I have a colleague that, unfortunately, couldn't find another offer from a school and had to take what Bell could offer him(knowing damn well that they were having problems). I had to catch up with him to find out if they were still having problems and I felt obliged to report that they are STILL not paying on time, in fact, the DOS in Bydgoszcz told my friend that they still owe her 7 months of pay! He said that she was practically in tears when he was talking with her about not being paid on time and that he was thinking about leaving the school.

For those that are looking to teach in Poland, please do yourself a favour, stay away from BELL!

Unfortunately, this sad situation is probably not strictly limited to the Bydgoszcz branch - in fact, I would bet it isn't.

I wonder how much motivation any DOS in this situation might have to perform the day-to-day duties of the school?

What a disappointment it must be for the newly-certified teacher to be trained and supported by a 'distracted' DOS.
Master Shake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bell still not paying on time... Reply with quote

Post Mortem wrote:
Unfortunately, this sad situation is probably not strictly limited to the Bydgoszcz branch - in fact, I would bet it isn't.

I wonder how much motivation any DOS in this situation might have to perform the day-to-day duties of the school?

What a disappointment it must be for the newly-certified teacher to be trained and supported by a 'distracted' DOS.
No, the late payments are not limited to Bell Bydgoszcz. All ELS Bell schools in Poland have been affected.
KarmaComa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Ludka still owes me wages, stay away from Bell Poland Reply with quote

Hello,

I am writing this in the hope that someone can help or it saves a teacher going through what I am going through. It is slightly long winded, but please take the time to read it. It may save you from working for a crook. This is simply my experience of working for Ludka and Bell Poland. Take what you will.

I worked for Bell Poland for two years and just finished this summer 2014. I know Curtmonster, we worked together at the same school and I am the person he referred to in one of his previous posts (not the DOS). Some of you asked why I would be fooled twice into working for Bell. I didn't plan to do a second year, I was unsuccessful at getting my first choice job quite late in the day and I naively thought maybe Bell would get their act together. Stupid I know. I did enjoy the social side of my first year and I was settled in Poland with a group of friends and a girlfriend. However, none of the original native speakers returned and I soon realised that these guys were what made working for Bell tolerable. So that's why I went back.

In my first year, all the teachers were consistently paid late from November through to June. During my second year, the situation grew worse where I was paid anything from one to three weeks late. It was incredibly frustrating and it left a bitter taste as I had been a faithful employee and done a very good job for the company (in my humble opinion), I didn't miss one day of work and remained professional despite the situation. I consistently had excellent feedback from students and very high results for exam classes.

The head teacher at the school was always very helpful and sympathetic, she tried to help where she could and we had a few no b*llshit conversations with the cards down on the table. I found out Ludka owed her a serious amount of money as well as the head teacher at another school due to being over 7 months behind on payment. I assume it was the same for all the schools except the one Ludka was based at. As it happens, Ludka could not pay this debt and that head teahcer now runs the school independently.

For my final months wages, Ludka managed to pay them into the wrong account. I know she received my UK bank details with instruction to pay the money into my UK account, I have evidence of this. When I closed my Polish account in June, I was told it had a one month cool down before being completely terminated. This means money can be paid in, but I can only withdraw it within that month period in person from the bank. Since the payment was late in July, I was at a UK summer school and unable to travel to Poland. She did not rectify and has not rectified this mistake meaning I lose a months wages for her incompetence.

I have contacted EQALS, but they are unable to help. I have contacted the main company Bell, but they are unable to help. I have been cheated out of payment for my labour and I don't know how to fight to win it back.

Any advice or help would be appreciated. Needless to say, any teachers working for Bell, I urge you to find a new school. Don't let this woman continue to exploit teachers and operate as a business. She lacks ethics and common decency.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: