Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KFUPM to Aramco?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaliTime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: KFUPM to Aramco? Reply with quote

Well, anybody ever done that?
Is this an actual career ladder, or is the wall dividing campus from camp impenetrable?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you defining career ladder? And are you asking about which one offers the most potential in terms of that career ladder or about moving from one to the other?
sicklyman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that over the last year, there have been an increasing number of people asking me this question not just about KFUPM but also BAe.

As someone contracted to Aramco who has discussed this at length with more than one person at KFUPM, it seems the issue is that you can't apply for Aramco while still at KFUPM.

There are a number of reasons for this including being in your country of nationality (or at least out of Saudi) for interview and having the no longer necessary but often required letter of no objection.

So, as I've been led to believe, moving from KFUPM to Aramco would involve giving notice, finishing with KFUPM on good standing, leaving Saudi, repatriating, applying to Aramco, interviewing and then actually landing a job with them. I can't see how this process would take less than several months during which you'd have absolutely no certainty that anything would work out. And that's with a contracted position. With direct hire, the odds are even more stacked against you and the timespan increases significantly.

Bear in mind also that there is a very slim chance that you'd be moving only as far as 'over the wall'. You could find yourself assigned to Yanbu.
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving from one employer to another in KSA is problmatic. I left SAMAREC/PETROMIN in 1991 and it took me five years to get into Saudi Arabian Airlines The transition from the Airline to KFUPM was smoother. Like so many things, it all depends.

Last edited by scot47 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
DaliTime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers. Very helpful and informative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: