Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cost of Living - Grocery Realities
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Shake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Merry Christmas! Reply with quote

dynow wrote:
a 200zl budget for 10 days for a family of 4 is goofy. if you and the missus have a beer a night, you've blown half your budget and your kids haven't eaten yet.
Harnas beer is 1.99zl a bottle. Spend 20zl, and you've got more than 1 beer a night for yourself and your wife, and 180zl left. Don't forget that you're catching several of the meals out of the lake/river. Vegetables (aka side dishes) are dirt cheap.
Infinite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: erm Reply with quote

Master Shake wrote:

I need to seek out some more back country trails the next time I'm in Poland.

There are some really interesting places, like the Walim Nazi tunnels. The biggest underground construct left from the second war, over 10km of tunnels, good stuff. It's all surrounded by amazing Owl Mountains and just about an hour's drive from Table top mountains where they filmed "Prince Caspian". Awesome place with stone labyrinths and just a skip away from the border... 1l local steins of amazing Czech beer for 3pln Wink room and board at some really nice local huts for about 20 - 50pln WITH breakfast Wink.
Also, the Karpaty mountains, really nice places, then there's the Viking Wang temple ... as I've mentioned before, you could really just follow the trails to some amazing places. The entire south is great. Try to avoid Zakopane like fire thou haha... too much western/touristy nonsense.
Infinite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: erm Reply with quote

dragonpiwo wrote:
There's a certain type of US teacher you meet on daft things like camps. They usually have a beard and play the guitar.

I avoid them like the plague.

There's also a certain type of expats that we are forced to run into no matter where we are on this planet. They usually think that their isht don't stink and are just about a class above any creature that either speaks with an accent or doesn't enjoy "the better things in life". I try to avoid those folks like the plague, they are usually too caught up in their narcissism to realize how absurd they sound to the rest of the planet... especially being.... teachers. We're just about above the house maid level in most countries, yet some of us like to live in denial.
I'm yet to meet bearded, guitar playing expats or teachers for that matter. I'm sure they'd be more fun to hang around then the types mentioned above thou. I personally just recently retired from the music industry myself actually, no, I don't play guitar.
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

Some are just caught up in family life and that costs. I live in Poland permanently but work elsewhere.

Work in the music industry...what a cliche in tefl Poland...I've met editors too ahem.
Infinite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: erm Reply with quote

dragonpiwo wrote:
Some are just caught up in family life and that costs. I live in Poland permanently but work elsewhere.

Work in the music industry...what a cliche in tefl Poland...I've met editors too ahem.

I've been involved in music for over 20 years, just a bit shorter than I've been actively employed. Music's been my hobby for as long as I can remember. Now, did I get free rides out of it? Sure, I got to see some cool places for free ... is it my source of income? Never was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: