Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any PERSONAL experience with China-Tesol?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RWA1981

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Any PERSONAL experience with China-Tesol? Reply with quote

This appears to be a very old company but reviews are all at the sites where you can buy praise. Then I found this link that well, I guess is self-explanatory...

http://www.thebeijinger.com/forum/2014/03/04/expat-version-china-esl-what-bs

They just offered me a job that requires me to work 6 days a week (split-shifts on weekdays for only 9,000 a month on a "probationary contract" and allegedly on a probationary contract an "L" visa is acceptable???) After the 90 day probation period I "might" get a 3,000 rmb raise.

This is contrary to everything I have read here at Dave's and elsewhere. How could such and old company say something different?
Banner41

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does your "ScamBusters" site say?
choudoufu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Any PERSONAL experience with China-Tesol? Reply with quote

RWA1981 wrote:
......Then I found this link....

http://www.sockpuppetsoftheworldunite.com

ah, got it.

another STFU sockpuppy. 'teacher' in china (and 'friends') having
all sorts of problems....

....solution always found when "and i found this link"......

so sad.
JRJohn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Chinatefl Reply with quote

Chinatefl used to be a great website with lots of jobs and a wide range of university jobs. I looked at it last year, and it seems to have gone way downhill. I think it has a new owner, because the jobs I see are not good.
NoBillyNO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://career-services.monster.com/yahooarticle/biggest-lies-employers-tell-workers#WT.mc_n=yta_fpt_article_biggest_lies_employers_tell

The 3 Biggest Lies Employers Tell Their Workers
RWA1981

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Anyone have any dealings with China-Tesol Reply with quote

This is the company that is owned by the former CEO of Dell English in Beijing but I only found negative crap about them at thebeijinger.com. Does anyone here have any personal experience with them? Thanks.
NoBillyNO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually know some body guards who taught English in teir spare time....they worked for Dell..... and had little to say good about this company. Personal experience, I have none.
Big Worm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? Now that's interesting. Never heard of foreigner bodyguards. Care to share any details?
Bud Powell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RWA1981:

Since you have taken it upon yourself to "expose" the supposedly corrupt nature of almost all Chinese organizations (real and imagined) that employ foreigners, it's only fair that all involved should be allowed to determine YOUR credibility. Care to share some personal details about yourself?

You've gone beyond issuing simple warnings based upon personal experience to carrying on a vendetta against virtually all recruiters and schools in China.
NoBillyNO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seriously? Now that's interesting. Never heard of foreigner bodyguards. Care to share any details?

I reckon I knew 3.... all ex-military and worked mainly around entertainers. Nothing else stands out except they were all big.....
mw182006

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Kalgushki(?) must be on vacation...
RWA1981

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Powell wrote:
RWA1981:

Since you have taken it upon yourself to "expose" the supposedly corrupt nature of almost all Chinese organizations (real and imagined) that employ foreigners, it's only fair that all involved should be allowed to determine YOUR credibility. Care to share some personal details about yourself?

You've gone beyond issuing simple warnings based upon personal experience to carrying on a vendetta against virtually all recruiters and schools in China.

I am not accusing China-Tesol of anything. I am asking if anyone on this forum has good things to say about them as they offered me a job better than the one I have now. But I want to know if they can be believed since the beijinger has a few nasty things about them posted. Did you ever work with them Bud? Do you know anyone that did?

Concerning your other comment, I did not even "expose" the recruiter that lied to me to get my signature on a crap contract but I will soon if he does not give me back my fee and half of the monthly salary he is siphoning from me. This is the same *beep* that told me it was "no problem" to come work in China on an "L" visa and then convert it once I got here. Now that I am pressuring him to cancel my contract, he is "reminding" me that I am working in China "illegally"!!!

And thanks banner for rubbing salt in my wound about the ChinaScamBusters.com web site. Its like telling a woman about birth control when she's 8 months pregnant.
NoBillyNO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its like telling a woman about birth control when she's 8 months pregnant.

Aren't yew the one who has been telling all who will listen about how you were f*c ke d....
Banner41

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RWA1981 wrote:

Concerning your other comment, I did not even "expose" the recruiter that lied to me to get my signature on a crap contract but I will soon if he does not give me back my fee and half of the monthly salary he is siphoning from me. This is the same *beep* that told me it was "no problem" to come work in China on an "L" visa and then convert it once I got here. Now that I am pressuring him to cancel my contract, he is "reminding" me that I am working in China "illegally"!!!

Seem like "your bad" for believing something that has been covered ad nauseam on most China job boards for years. Just because you accepted a bad contract doesn't mean the rest of us have.....You were actually the one who was posting links about that site on other threads...it was a simple question.

Can I have my salt shaker back?....I need to season some crow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: