Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

smoking in Taiwan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yellow earth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: smoking in Taiwan Reply with quote

Could anyone give a quick comment about the current smoking culture in Taiwan? I've been teaching in Japan for 5 years. It's a smokers paradise. Inside bars, cafes its OK. Outside smoking areas are clearly visible.
How about Taiwan? Inside everywhere no good? Are there designated smoking areas outside?
Nuolan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a trip to Taiwan two weeks ago and didn't find the smoking culture anything like Japan. Smoking is definitely less prominent. I didn't really pay attention if smoking was banned in restaurants, but there wasn't anyone smoking in any of the restaurants we went to. Night clubs do allow smoking inside.
phdinfunk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they technically passed a law that within ten meters of the front of a building, you aren't supposed to smoke, but people still do it..... But no, it ain't like Japan where there are well-dressed guys smoking in every evening grill cafe/bar.... (Nor will you ever see a sign here that says "Japanese only" or the equivalent "Taiwanese Only.")
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: