Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Muscat University' to open in 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whatever will be

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whole threats (e.g. on violence of Omani students) were blocked. It's a serious topic and ought to be discussed as it concerns the safety of teachers.

Perhapd bad for business on this site? Laughing

I share my observations. All of my vingettes did happen.

Students get debarred during the semester and then suddenly sit for the final exam. It is something that happened...frequently.
It does not mean that I hate Omanis. Laughing
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threads get locked if posters get too obnoxious or topics that seem to go downhill quickly. But it is still there.

As if violence is rare between adolescents and young military men... anywhere... everywhere. Rolling Eyes If that was a deciding factor for teachers looking for jobs, none of us would be in a classroom even in our home countries.

VS
Tazz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think the potential for violence in the classroom could be a deciding factor for many...particularly if directed at a teacher. Maybe in the wonderful world of SQU 1980's it wasn't an issue......but I know from personal experience that both threats of violence/ violence itself are issues now....
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeat:

As if violence is rare from adolescent males... still safer than the US or the UK...

VS
Tazz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Safer than the US or the Uk' ?!! ry telling that to an ex-colleague, Indian lady, who was very seriously threatened by several male Omani students-a couple of them had been throwing chairs at each other in class the week before. Being upset and concerned about the threat, she went to the College authorities-who proceeded to chastise her lack of classroom management skills.....safer than the UK, yeah, right. At least in the UK the threat by male students against a female teacher would have been taken seriously. Shocked
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about staying on topic, guys...
Charlie123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Translation: two Bedouins were horsing around in the classroom. A chair fell over.

Tazz wrote:
'Safer than the US or the Uk' ?!! ry telling that to an ex-colleague, Indian lady, who was very seriously threatened by several male Omani students-a couple of them had been throwing chairs at each other in class the week before. Being upset and concerned about the threat, she went to the College authorities-who proceeded to chastise her lack of classroom management skills.....safer than the UK, yeah, right. At least in the UK the threat by male students against a female teacher would have been taken seriously. Shocked
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: