Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non-EU citizens in France??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJKliks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Non-EU citizens in France?? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a veteran teacher returning to the world of EFL after a 10-year break. I've been considering a teaching job in France. I applied to one school near Paris and got a favorable response in terms of my qualifications and experience. However, although the potential employer will hire non-EU citizens with proper working papers, they will not actually sponsor the paperwork. SO, the $64,000 question is: How does a non EU-citizen (I'm American) obtain legal working papers to work in France?

I've heard there's a thing called a "spouse visa"... I don't know if this is really the case or not. However, I am married to an EU-member citizen, so would this help in any way??

Thank you to anyone in advance who might have an answer!
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For an American with the right paperwork, it's easy to find jobs; of course you found someone willing to hire you if you could get papers!
Getting the paperwork, however, is nigh-impossible.

If your EU citizen spouse is from a country where s/he has the right to work in France (probably not if the country is a new member of the EU) the easiest route is for him/her to get a legal job, then to bring you in as a spouse.

I do NOT know if this will work in France today, but I expect so; you'll want to contact an Embassy to find out. A simple google search should be useful.

If your spouse is not from a country whose citizens currently have a right to work in France, it won't work, obviously.
MuscatGary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try asking here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/expatriatesinparis/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: