Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EF Bandung- Any Reports?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadRiley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: EF Bandung- Any Reports? Reply with quote

I had been hoping to work at Wall Street Bandung but I'm starting to doubt it will ever happen.

Does anyone have any feedback about EF Bandung? Most of the reports on here are for Jakarta and Surabaya. They are offering up to 10,750 rupiahs which is more than the Jakarta schools. Feedback sought.
KallyWally27

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked there for a couple years and had a really good experience. It's definitely one of the best EFs out there. Feel free to PM me if you want more specific info!
MadRiley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In particular, I would like to know whether they offer any housing or accommodation as part of the package. If not how much would a cheap but clean room cost in Bandung?
jef dam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's their health insurance like?
KallyWally27

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry, I didn't see these responses for a bit.

Health insurance is not great, but it's ok. I had a 2 day hospital stay and everything was completely covered, but I think for chronic conditions or longer hospital stays, insurance will only cover part of it. To be fair, I had limited experience dealing with the insurance; sorry I don't have more info.

For housing, they offer a housing loan that you pay back in the first few paychecks. But, a cheap/clean room costs just over 1 juta (around $100 USD) a month or better, I got a house I really loved for 15 juta (maybe $1300) per year. 4 bedrooms, clean, and a nice view of the rice paddies. Most of the teachers I knew rented houses for that price or just a bit more. You have to pay the year's rent on the house up front, but that's what housing loan is for.

Hope that helps, and let me know if there's anything else!
Tazz

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The housing cost appears to make it a much better deal than EF Jakarta-what is the monthly salary?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: