Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCAM *** Mr Ferhat Kamuran
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ang6

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: SCAM *** Mr Ferhat Kamuran Reply with quote

I recently applied for a couple of ESL jobs in Saudi Arabia. Out of the blue I received a contract for a job working for DAAP Language School. Here is the email:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your interest and application for the vacancies advertised.
We apologize that due to the large number of applications received, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.
Find enclosed Contract Agreement which contain all the conditionality of your employment with us.
To avoid delay, you are urgently required to send us copies of your signed contract agreement and also contact Mr. Ferhat Kamuran at UNITED ARAB EMIRATES IMMIGRATION OFFICE for your work permit application through Email: [email protected]

Best Regards,
Ibrahim Hassan/Principal
DAAP LANGUAGE SCHOOL
75 Naif Road Deira, Dubai,

United Arab Emirates.

I was curious so opened the contract and another school was written on the letter head DAHAMZA Language School.

As I had not had an interview, or applied for this particular job, I did not jump for joy at this 'too good to be true' job offer. So I did an internet search for DAAP Language School of 75 Naif Road, Dubai and no records appeared. I then did a search for DAHAMZA Language School and that also has no records.

I then did a search for Mr Ferhat Kamuran > and found many records of SCAM warnings. I couldn't find any posts on Dave's ESL for this SCAM so thought I should write one. Luckily I didn't fall for it or send any money before realising this was a SCAM. Feeling annoyed that the details I sent to a recruiter were passed onto this Pirate now Mad
D. Merit

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAM *** Mr Ferhat Kamuran Reply with quote

ang6 wrote:
I couldn't find any posts on Dave's ESL for this SCAM so thought I should write one.

There's a thread about it right here:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=106518
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would immediately assume that any contract from any employer in any country that arrived without my previously applying and doing an interview is a SCAM.

Because it will always be so...

VS
baa_baa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked looks for brown bag Shocked

I'm such an idiot my poor mom received Sth similar. After reading your post I googled the person who contacted her and the name of the language school and realized it was a scam. I actually scanned her passport and sent it right over.

You had to see the offer 35 000 aed. If he had said dance I would have got up on the table and started dancing. Embarassed

So what will happen now? What will they do with my moms passport?

Ooh my poor mom. She was dreaming of getting a Porsche and living at the palm. I don't know how you tell a women her age that it's a scam.

Oh- do you guys know about coca cola text saying that you won 1 000 000 000 pounds- I don't remember how many zeros. Ohhhh my poor grandfather received it. He was actually bragging about it. You had to see him when we tried to assure him that it was a scam. Those suckers don't have the right to do that to old people. Luckily he hadn't sent a penny. Good thing he shared his pennies.

Last edited by baa_baa on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
baa_baa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
I would immediately assume that any contract from any employer in any country that arrived without my previously applying and doing an interview is a SCAM.

Because it will always be so...

VS

Well not everybody's wise Embarassed you just feel so excited and believe it-I don't know what you call that. Embarassed

Thanks for sharing this!
johnslat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear baa_baa,

"I don't know what you call that."

Gullibility, maybe?

Regards,
John
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baa_baa wrote:
You just feel so excited and believe it-I don't know what you call that. Embarassed

How about buyin' snake oil from the Flim-Flam Man. Wink
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baa_baa wrote:

I'm such an idiot my poor mom received Sth similar. After reading your post I googled the person who contacted her and the name of the language school and realized it was a scam. I actually scanned her passport and sent it right over.

You had to see the offer 35 000 aed. If he had said dance I would have got up on the table and started dancing. Embarassed

Is this serious? Or are you just making a joke?

Always remember PT Barnum's old saying... There's a sucker born every minute. (even though he probably never said it... he made his fortune by following its truth) Laughing Goes with another old platitude - if it looks too good to be true, you can be sure that it isn't.

If I sadly assume that it is true, there really isn't much that they can do with just a scan of her passport.

VS
The Fifth Column

Location: His habitude with lexical items protrudes not unlike a damaged pollex!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In another thread baa_baa wrote wrote:

easy fifth column easy. You are right but I didn't see that. It's a typo I promise.

Go ahead...publicly counsel others!

Or, is that asking too much?!?
baa_baa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
baa_baa wrote:

Is this serious? Or are you just making a joke?

Always remember PT Barnum's old saying... There's a sucker born every minute. (even though he probably never said it... he made his fortune by following its truth) Laughing Goes with another old platitude - if it looks too good to be true, you can be sure that it isn't.

If I sadly assume that it is true, there really isn't much that they can do with just a scan of her passport.

VS

Oh no it's true. I'm not that dumb kid who cried wolf. We even decided to keep it a secret so that people wouldn't start asking for loans... You know.. When there's money all of a sudden you find so many friends. Anyways unfortunately we didn't even think it over. You know. Just became happy. We couldn't stop dreaming. We're gonna get that, and buy that, and go here, and fly there....

Baaaaah
baa_baa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Dear baa_baa,

"I don't know what you call that."

Gullibility, maybe?

Regards,
John

Embarassed yes
baa_baa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
baa_baa wrote:
You just feel so excited and believe it-I don't know what you call that. Embarassed

How about buyin' snake oil from the Flim-Flam Man. Wink

I probably would have done that Mr. Green Mr. Green lol

Did you guys see the poster for helicopter rides for 425 in Abu Dhabi? Well that was the first thing on the list. Bah. That will have to wait.

I was going to get the new beetle. Did you see that babe? OMG SO CUTE!!!!! Ok you guys be nice.

See you later
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...

I guess some of us are just born skeptical. Hopefully now you know... something like this will never and has never been true. We have had a few posters who got to the step where this gang starts asking for money to get the "visa." Some have reached the point of losing a couple thousand dollars.

Oh and BTW... the African prince with the millions of dollars that he needs to get out of his country? Don't give him your bank account numbers. Cool

VS
baa_baa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
LOL...

I guess some of us are just born skeptical. Hopefully now you know... something like this will never and has never been true. We have had a few posters who got to the step where this gang starts asking for money to get the "visa." Some have reached the point of losing a couple thousand dollars.

Oh and BTW... the African prince with the millions of dollars that he needs to get out of his country? Don't give him your bank account numbers. Cool

VS

Ohhh I'm really sorry for those who sent money toget the visa. There are times you would do anything for a job...you know and all those dumb bills are waiting. Shocked

About the African prince yea some how I didn't fall for that one. Unfortunately though that type of email reached my dad at a time he was jobless and just when he had received an offer, he actually said no to the offer. To top that he actually replied back asking if they could deduct the sum or accept a blank check until he received the amount. THEN he luckily forwarded to his friend who warned him, but of course my dad had already said no. It took him another year till he found Sth decent. Tough times.

Anyways cheers for these threads. They are helpful.
baa_baa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
LOL...

I guess some of us are just skeptical Cool

VS

Yea actually that some have actual brains and the ability to go over things. I just jump into things. You know, like hear about it , get excited about it , jump into it, then get screwed by it. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: