Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Pakistan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ali_there

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Teaching in Pakistan Reply with quote

Myself & my partner are due to go out to Pakistan in March, me to teach English & my partner to teach IT skils. After initial concern about the security situation out there and a little research we are now committed to going & looking forward to what we think will be a fascinating experience, however we are having trouble finding out anything about what life would be like out there for us.

We're going for a minimum of six months & will be based in a vilage 2 hours south of Lahore. Does anyone have any experience of working in Pakistan? Any tips, insights, etc. would be highly appreciated. What ARE we letting ourselves in for?
danmbob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump. any info on ESL in Pakistan?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any info on ESL in Pakistan?

Don't count on there being much in the way of TEFL opportunities; English has been an official language in Pakistan for years. That said, see "Why Pakistan is Replacing English With Urdu."
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked out there many moons ago. In the north, around Gilgit. The people were very friendly, and I enjoyed myself. Public transport is quite good and it is easy to get to the main hubs like Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar and Karachi.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still in touch with a few former Canadian colleagues teaching EFL at a school in Islamabad....they seem to be quite happy there...and are saving money too! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: