Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Living in Bahrain, is it feasible, just the facts....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SusanLiz

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Living in Bahrain, is it feasible, just the facts.... Reply with quote

Husband has an offer with a 90 day probationary period, like many of the jobs out there do. I am considering staying in Bahrain for this period.

Can anyone give me some ballpark estimates for a 2 bedroom flat? Also I have heard that they come completely unfurnished, as in no appliances, is this true?

Please give me the whole scoop on the going back and forth and prices for the mullti entry visa and the like. Pros and Cons from those who have done this, debated this are extremely welcome.

I didn't post on the Bahrain forum as this also has costs of going over the causeway and I know some of you on here do this or know those that do.

Thanks,

Susan Liz
Mark100

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a two bedroom flat depending on where you want to live in Bahrain and what style of accommodation you want from 200bd- 700bd per month.
Furnished and unfurnished available.
The causeway will cost you 100bd per month and a Saudi multiple is 50bd for six months.
SusanLiz

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next question, can you take your appliances with you to saudi, bought in bahrain, or is this a major headache/financial drain?

Also, how long would it take to get to: 1.dammam 2.dhahran 3. jubail from bahrain in the morning and afternoon traffic?

Thanks again,

Sue
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your hubby coming to us in Jubail?

Bahrain to Jubail every day is completely infeasible. We have stafff who reckon Jubail town to the college is too long a commute.

Presume you'll be seeing him at weekends?

Bahrain - Dammam is feasible, though hardly convenient; the real problem is never knowing how long you'll be held up at the Causeway. Teaching isn't a job where you can do flexitime. The additional cost would take a huge chumk out of your salary though. I'd settle for seeing hubby at weekends, as you would have to if he worked at Jubail.[/code]
SusanLiz

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are with TEFL at JIC, correct Stephen? No, he will be working elsewhere, but seeing the news today, we'll be doing a lot of thinking, as most of the people that frequent this board will.

At this point, I'm not sure it would be worth it, with that type of commute. I may stay with the kids right where we are....it seems a little safer then sending husband on long commutes, weekend or otherwise.

Thank you for your answers,

Sue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: