Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEFL Institute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtiz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: TEFL Institute Reply with quote

I don't know quite where to post this but I was scammed by TEFL institute that is based out of Chicago. Does anyone know anything about this? Did anyone take the course? I took my course in San Jose Costa Rica. Also please take this as a warning to do your research and do NOT take a course with them. They are not accredited and will not give you any kind of certificate. I paid over 2000 dollars for the course. I am now going to take a CELTA course instead because I currently have no credentials due to this scam.
peripatetic_soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: TEFL Institute - scammed Reply with quote

Hi,
Can you tell me the exact name of that org. in Chicago? I ask because a TEFL candidate was observing my college ESL reading classes and told me he was taking a TEFL course based in Chicago yet he had no bachelor's degree and I had to tell him he would not have many job choices without a degree. I wonder why they took his money, knowing is. Confidential, of course
Thank you from a veteran ESL/EFL teacher devoted to helping newbies
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place? http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/schools-business-and-vocational/tefl-institute-in-chicago-il-88346622/complaints
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: