Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HCT...Hiring?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilot in Command

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: HCT...Hiring? Reply with quote

Anyone know if Higher Colleges of Technology is hiring in EFL? I haven't seen any job postings from them here, at tefl.com, or at tesol in awhile. I've been to their website, though. They list the job, so maybe they are.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are normally pretty efficient - in relative terms, of course. Currently they seem to be doing the paperwork with those that went through the process into their pool of choices. I know people who have finished all necessary to start next year and some are just waiting for the final papers. There is always the possiblity that some may not come for whatever reasons, but I doubt that an application this late in the game has much chance of making it through unless you are a known commodity (as in, you know people on the hiring committee personally and professionally). HCT checks out its choices extensively, so a complete unknown that dropped into the mix at this point in time has almost no chance. But, perhaps if you have outstanding credentials and experience - and could say that you were also available in mid-year, your application may have a chance.

That said, all you lose is a bit of time and postage if you send in an application.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: