Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mosul. Next Stop Baghdad ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Mosul. Next Stop Baghdad ? Reply with quote

Now the Bearded Brethren have taken over Mosul. Is Baghdad next ? What did Western invasion achieve ?
Rostom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Mosul. Next Stop Baghdad ? Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
What did Western invasion achieve ?

They took Ali Baba but they left the 40 thieves! Laughing

Next stop will be .............
lucifer911

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mosul. Next Stop Baghdad ? Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
Now the Bearded Brethren have taken over Mosul. Is Baghdad next ? What did Western invasion achieve ?

how long will Iraq be an unstable country? a new Saddam Hussein is required but obviously he will come across as a dictator to United States. America needs to learn their bogus democracy system which favors rich corporations is not welcome in the middle east.

Bashar al-Assad is a good example of a leader who can keep the country stable despite sponsored terrorists (from USA) trying to destabilise the region.

I am no fan of United States.
wonderingjoesmith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Mosul. Next Stop Baghdad ? Reply with quote

lucifer911 wrote:
There are more than 300 million people there. I don't know how many agreed with the Iraq war, but I know most of them didn't make the decision to invade the country. So, who are you "no fan of"?

As for Iraq, if Baghdad falls, it's on the Bush family. They've created reasons to occupy much of the ME and motives for people from around the world to hold a grudge against Americans; however, I am pretty sure republicans are about to shoot Obama down for withdrawing the troops from Iraq and reaching out to the world.
lucifer911

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Mosul. Next Stop Baghdad ? Reply with quote

Bush was still elected by the people so american citizens do have some responsibility on who they vote in the white house. America preaches itself as a democracy not some kind of country ruled by a dynasty.

wonderingjoesmith wrote:
lucifer911 wrote:
There are more than 300 million people there. I don't know how many agreed with the Iraq war, but I know most of them didn't make the decision to invade the country. So, who are you "no fan of"?

As for Iraq, if Baghdad falls, it's on the Bush family. They've created reasons to occupy much of the ME and motives for people from around the world to hold a grudge against Americans; however, I am pretty sure republicans are about to shoot Obama down for withdrawing the troops from Iraq and reaching out to the world.
wonderingjoesmith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Mosul. Next Stop Baghdad ? Reply with quote

lucifer911 wrote:
Bush was still elected by the people so american citizens do have some responsibility on who they vote in the white house. America preaches itself as a democracy not some kind of country ruled by a dynasty.

wonderingjoesmith wrote:
lucifer911 wrote:

For a teacher who joins this topic with other teachers, it is naïve and unreasonable to say that people elect the US government and to judge the nation by international events. Many educated Americans know how significant endorsements and financial contributions of powerful people prior to or during elections are as well as they know the demographics.

All in all, debates are about opinions and we all may have our own views to share. My judgment is based on my knowledge of the Bush family, their interests and influences, and their decisions. Whether all people will ever be able to see things uniformly remains to be seen as much as is whether Iraqi people get their chances to live better.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Blair seems keen on a new crusade. Give him a horse and let him lead the charge !
returnee2014

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gonna bomb the citizens of Mosul to chase the ISIL out? British troops gonna chase em out and run the place like a British Mandate? US gonna try conquer it and hand it over to the Kurdish Peshmerga? Mosul citizens gonna trust Maliki and his joke of an Army to come back to run the place?

If ISIL not in charge, then who? I don't see an alternative to letting them keep the place. The first caliphate of the new millenium. Maybe city-states will become the new normal everywhere that has the arab spring has sprung.
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We in Christendom should not interfere in the affairs of the Saracens, Moors and Turks
returnee2014

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute. Cool
suphanburi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
We in Christendom should not interfere in the affairs of the Saracens, Moors and Turks

Damn, "them Christians is some kinda dummies."

919 years (since Pope Urban II in 1095) and they still haven't learned that lesson.

revilo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: next stop: jerusalem! Reply with quote

I'm in Beirut. i hope their next stop is jerusalem. i wanna see baby killers kill baby killers
likwid_777

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems what this mob are getting up to is horrifying. I saw their recruitment vid the other day, where they were marching people into ditches and killing them all. Also, a bit of concrete by a river was soaked in blood as people were marched up to it, shot in the back of the head and thrown into the river. This is truly shocking and disgusting. But, in reality, if "The West" marches in there again, the oil is still going to have to separate from the water at some stage. If "The West" keeps engaging in these limited skirmishes, any capacity left to actually confront serious hostile aggression towards "the US and its Allies" will be squandered.

There are a lot of events going on around the world right now. If they begin to overlap enough, who knows what will happen. Unfortunately most of the people truly old enough to remember the big bad wars of the previous century are dead. Surely the new Israeli offensive is geared towards softening the Palestinians before they can join up with ISIL/S. That red button of theirs has probably seen some dusting off...

Then there's this story about the militant raised in Sydney posting an image of a seven year old boy (believed to be his son) raising a decapitated head.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/the-photo-that-will-shock-the-world-jihadist-khaled-sharroufs-son-7-holds-severed-head/story-fni0cx12-1227019897582?nk=82eafa0b60db7999c6be07c3c7271478
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: